The Feedback

"Have you seen the reviews?"

"Have you seen comments?"

The boys were gathered in the living room, all of them on their phones as they cautiously monitored the reaction created from their performance as an 8-member BTS.

"Do you think she...?"

"No. She said she wasn't going to look yet."

"Yeah, but we've all said that before and then five seconds later we give in."

"Either way, don't show her. Let her at least enjoy lunch with her friend first."

"Friend? You mean the guy that called us out and threatened us if we ever hurt her again? Yeah, they're just friends alright."

"What? Friends can't be protective?"

"We deserved it."

They all went silent at Yoongi's words.

After a while, they all started to head to bed after the long and eventful day they'd had.

Instead of going to his room, Yoongi headed towards what had used to be a storage room until it had been decorated for their 8th member. He paused outside the room, but when he didn't hear any voices from inside he assumed she had finished her phone call. So he knocked on the door.

"Come in."

When Yoongi entered her room, she was still daydreaming about what Zitao had told her.

"I just wanted to say good work today. You did well."

"Thanks, Yoongi."

He stood awkwardly for a moment and she could tell that the rapper had more he wanted to say. She smiled at him and patted her bed as an invitation to sit.

"I've always been a bit jealous of Namjoon and Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung too, for having a same-age friend in the group. I know Jin is only a few months older than me, but he's the oldest. So, I've always felt a little lonely in that respect."

If they had been closer she might have reached out and comforted him, but for now, she wasn't sure how her touch would be received.

"And then you came along and I completely fucked it up."

"Oh, Yoongi, no..."

"Yes. I ignored you and ignored the way the others treated you too. I won't give you excuses, I just hope you believe me when I say how sorry I am."

"Why? Why did you decide to let me in?"

"For me, after I heard the song you created I could no longer deny that you were talented and hardworking. You not only surprised me, but you impressed me too. You're an asset to the group."

"Really?"

Hearing the genius producer say those words had her tearing up. She had worked so hard to prove to them, and to herself, that she was worthy of the opportunity she had been given.

"Ah, shit, don't cry. What did I say?"

She laughed at hearing the panic in Yoongi's voice.

"Thank you. I believe you, I forgive you, and I hope we can be friends?"

"I'll be the best friend you've ever had."