The Return

"How did your talk with Yibo go?"

It was the next day and they were at work. They had a meeting to review their tour and go over their upcoming schedule. The two 93-liners were sitting on the sofa in the lounge while the rest of the group was scattered around the room.

"Good. I couldn't have hoped for a better reaction. It might have been different if he wasn't in a different country."

"I'm glad to hear that. Did you tell him about the other thing?"

"Just that I might be able to join him sooner than expected."

"You've made up your mind then?"

She hesitated for long enough that Yoongi put his hand on her arm before continuing.

"It's a lot to think about and you shouldn't rush it. You could have the chance to launch your solo career. Isn't that what you've always wanted?"

"I know, and it was, but..."

"Have you not enjoyed being with us? I know we started off badly -"

"No. No, it's not that. Quite the opposite really. After being in a group, well, going solo will be different, won't it?"

"Probably, doesn't mean it will be bad different though. You'd still get to see us."

"I guess that's my decision made then."

They both laughed.

Yoongi went to say something else, but the opening of the door stopped him.

Everyone in the room looked at the person who had just entered the room. Namjoon rubbed the back of his neck as he saw all eyes were on him, and none of them were friendly.

The leader's eyes landed on her and he took a step in her direction.

"Can I talk -"

Namjoon didn't make it any further as Yoongi stood up and walked towards him. The rapper grabbed the younger's arm and dragged him towards the door.

"Oh no, you don't. Not before I talk to you first."

Once he felt that Namjoon wasn't resisting, Yoongi let go of him and led him to his studio where they could have a private conversation.

After the door closed behind him, Yoongi gestured for Namjoon to sit on the sofa while he sat in the chair. Leaning forward he rested his elbows on his knees and stared at his leader.

Eventually, Namjoon couldn't stand Yoongi's silent stare and started talking.

"I don't know how it happened, Hyung. One minute we were eating dinner and the next she was - I was..."

The leader screwed his eyes shut and his finger through his hair, clutching and the stands in distress.

"You promised me that you wouldn't do anything to harm BTS and what do you and you do?"

"I fucked up. I know I did. I just want to apologise to her."

"And then? Will you stop?"

"Yes. I'll leave her alone."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

"So, you've finally come to your senses?"

"As soon as I kissed her I realised... that it wouldn't work between us."

"Seriously, Joon? I can't believe - whatever."

"I'll do whatever it takes to make this right, Hyung."

"Let's hope you're not too late. No. You might already be too late. You really fucked her over, Namjoon."