The Future

Namjoon went missing for the rest of the day and it wasn't until they were due to go to the airport that management told them that the leader would be staying in the States for a few extra days.

"Probably safer for him that way."

She sighed at Yoongi's comment but otherwise didn't react. The rest of the group had been informed of what had transpired between her and Namjoon. While it had passed her mind to keep it from the others, she was reminded that they couldn't have such a secret between them. That would cause more trouble than the widening rift between Namjoon and the rest of them.

But she would worry about that later, for now, all she could think about was how she was going to tell Yibo. Due to her travelling and the change of time difference, she would miss their next organised call, so some time to think. Too much time.

"Are you going to tell him?"

She looked at Yoongi who hadn't left her side since he found her on the floor after Namjoon left and had insisted on sitting next to her on the plane.

"Yes."

"But your nervous."

"Of course, I am! He even warned me himself and I didn't take it seriously. Maybe if I did, I could have avoided -"

"No. This is not your fault. At all. You hear me?"

"Yes... but what about the group?"

"Don't worry about us. We've been coming up with a plan, for our future. We might just need to put it in play a little sooner than expected."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I mean... It's possible that they'll let you out of your contract early."

"What? Have I done something wrong?"

"No, no. You're not being kicked out. I said they'll give you the option."

"But why?"

"We need a break. We're exhausted, uninspired, ... lost."

"BTS is breaking up?!"

"Shh! No! We're thinking of doing solo stuff for a while. Take time to find ourselves so that we can be stronger as a group."

"Oh, well, you all deserve more downtime. I haven't even been doing this for a year and I'm beat, how have you kept it up for ten?"

"Exactly. We need to slow down before we burn out."

"So, what about me?"

"As far as I know, you can choose either to leave as you would when your contract ends, or work on your own solo album."

"My own... really?!"

"Nothing's confirmed, but I think so, yeah."

"Wow."

The rest of the plane journey was rather quiet. She had a lot to think about.

She had been back in Korea a day when it was time for her video call with Yibo.

"I'm sorry!"

Yibo's eyes widened as he watched his girlfriend break down into tears through the screen.

"Hey, Hey, what's wrong? Baby, it's okay. What's happened?"

"You were right. About Namjoon."

"How did you find out? Did he confess?"

"Not exactly, well, yes. Things have been tense ever since you visited. It was affecting the group's dynamic, so I decided to talk to him about it and - and -"

"What did he do?"

"He kissed me."

She couldn't look at Yibo.

"Shh, it's okay. Oh! I wish I was there so I could hold you."

"You're not mad?"

"At you? Of course not! That so-called leader of yours on the other hand..."

Yibo's eyes narrowed, but his attention is drawn back to the screen as he watches her wipe away her tears.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. It was just a shock. I mean, I used to look up to him, idolise him."

"I'm sorry that happened to you, baby, and I'm sorry I can't be there with you now. Are you alone?"

"Yoongi's been with me. He left to give us privacy."

"Good. He's a good guy, a good friend to you. I know I can trust him."

"I love you."

"I love you, too. And I miss you, so much."

"I miss you too, but I have some news."

"Good news?"

"Very. It's not official yet, but there's a chance I might be able to come back to China sooner than expected."

The expression on Yibo's face made all her sadness disappear.