Chapter 12

I gape at the newspaper Dr Morrison is showing me. The photographers just took a photo today! How did it get in the paper this fast??

"Wanna talk about it?" Dr Morrison asks.

"I'm scared. Stephan isn't the easiest person to deal with. He can be.. gentle one moment and very domineering the next."

Dr Morrison nods at my reply. He asks again,"Well, do you wanna try to accept him?"

"I dunno yet. We'll see. Hey doc,is it okay if I cut our session short? I have to get home early" remembering my work piling up in my office, all the tests I need to run and I have a date tonight,I guess?

"Very well. My mondays are busy too. By the way, any wedding invitation for me next saturday?" the doctor asks with a grin.
"I intend on keeping you a secret,doc. Only Leeya knows. So.. yeah"

"Ah.. I understand. The mask." I nod,tightlipped. I excuse myself and left.

                                                   ------------a couple of hours later-----------------

"Leeya!! I'm home!" I enter the apartment after work. I hadn't finished all my work but nothing I left is urgent so Clara and I headed home at 5. I was hoping I'd get to talk to Leeya about my date tonight.

"Hey! How was work?" Leeya comes out from her bedroom, still in her work outfit.

"Good. You're home early." Leeya is a workaholic, like me in fact. For her to be home this early, something must be up.

She grinned happily,"I have a date with Charles!"

"Omg! Finally!! Waiit.. that means we both are out on dates tonight! We should help each other get ready!" I said excitedly. It's about time those two tied the knot.

"Waait.. you have a date? Can't be some guy. Must be Stephan then. Cozing up to him, eh?" She teased me.

I snorted,"Just giving him a chance. And I am doing it so I'll get used to his future companyment."

"Whatever you say, Lexie." She dragged me to her room to find me the perfect outfit for her date.

And so, the next hour was spent getting each of our hairs done, makeup for Leeya and lipgloss for me and of course, gossiping. Well, Leeya does most of the gossiping. Ever since Daniel, I've been avoiding the spotlight, until my face made it to front page.

"I saw your picture in the paper today. You guys seem to be..comfy." Leeya said, her tone disapproving.

I bit my lip,"He was kissing me goodbye." Leeya simply nodded and didn't comment further on my response.

I knew what she meant, this deal was 4 years only and I shouldn't fall for him. He wants me to play a part, I'll play it well and get out when I can.

At 7.50 pm on the dot, we both headed downstairs to wait for our dates to pick us up. Charles, as usual arrived 5 minutes early.

"Hey, baby." Charles greeted Leeya with a rather sensual kiss. I looked away feeling awkward at their exchange.

Leeya gave her flirty smile and said hey back. Charles noticed me a few minutes later and greeted me,"Alexa, how are you?"

I nodded,"Good. Thank you. Finally worked up the nerve to ask her out,Charles?"

"More like she asked me out. I just sat there." Charles said giving me a wink.

I laughed while Leeya slapped him on the arm,"Yeah right, you got on your knees for me Grey!"

"I did, didn't I? Trust me,baby. You'll be returning the favor tonight," Charles replied with a flirtatious manner. Leeya gasped and blushed at his comment. I simply shook my head at them. I wish I had someone to joke around with. My life is always twisting and turning and knotting here and there.