Chapter 14

"Don't run away, Alexa. It'll only be worse for you if I catch you," Stephan threatens when we reach my bedroom. He locks us both in my room. My room is dimly lit, the curtains closed and well.. I am in a very, very vulnerable position with nowhere to run.

I plead, "Please, don't do this Stephan." I am terrified as hell. God, help me.

"Then don't run from me and answer my questions when I ask,"Stephan's tone reprimands me. His stance is familiar. "Come here, Alexa." He points to a spot in front of him. From where I am standing, I was ready to jump of the balcony before he does anything, but I can't do that.

"No." I stay firmly at my spot. My tone surprisingly firm, but inside I am shaking and about to have a panic attack. I struggle to control my mask.

"Alexa, get your ass here before I spank the devil out of you." His eyes gleam with this emotion I can't fathom. I shiver at his words. He's gonna hurt you.

"Stephan, please.. You are terrifying me. Leave me alone, please.." I beg. I am at the brink of tears.

"Alexa, stop defying me. You promised that you will be an obedient wife." He steps towards me. I have nowhere to go, so I freeze on the spot, holding my breath.

"I am not your wife yet." I whisper as he caresses my arm. Let go of me you bastard! I scream internally.

He pulls the strap of my nightie down and lands a kiss on my bare shoulders. Why did I wear this tonight?! "Stephan, please.. stop." I beg. He ignores my protest and starts to kiss further up my neck. Normally, that sort of action would get me all hot and bothered. But that was with Daniel. With Stephan doing it, I feel pain in my heart and disgust in my skin. I shrug away from his hold and run from him. But before I reached the door he caught my wrist and held it in a vice-like grip. I stuggle my arm free, yelling, "Let go, Stephan!!"

He tugs my wrist and instantly he is pressing his body against me. He carries me to the side of my bed, I start to panic,tears shot out of my eyes,"Stephan, no! Don't do this." I wiggle my way out but he is too strong. "You need to be taught a lesson when you defy me, Alexa."

In a quick motion, I am suddenly across his knee. I yell and buck and struggle as hard as I could but he held me still. My face is wet with hot tears,"Don't hurt me, please. You are scaring me." I plead, trying once more hoping he'd let me go. By now, I am crying.

Unfortunately, it didn't work. Stephan is determined to go on with his mission to lay his palms on my ass. I yell in shock and pain as he lands the first blow on my ass.

Suddenly there is a knock on the door. "Alexa?" I hear Leeya's voice. I yell her name but Stephan closes his hand over my mouth before I could yell further. The door knob starts to jingle. I exhale a breath of relief as the door opens and Leeya walks in. I sob in relief. Stephan lets me go and I sink to my knees, sobbing my heart out.

Leeya takes one look at my distressed state and yell to Stephan,"What the fuck do you think you are doing, Stephan Grant?!"

"This is none of your business, Miss Stone. It's between Alexa and I. Please leave." Stephan stands up to face her. But I know Leeya, who beat up 6 senior guys in her sophomore year of high school, is not easily intimidated.

"Like hell I will. She isn't yours just yet, Grant. And fortunately, this is my house. Thomas, escort Mr Grant off my premises." Thomas appears at the door.

"Sir, please come with me." Thomas stands beside Stephan, leading him out.

Stephan's jaw tightens. He leaves with Thomas. Before he left, he knelt in front of me, held my chin in his arms and says,"Don't run, Alexa". I look at him wide-eyed, my face displaying fear and shock.

After Stephan and Thomas left, Leeya approaches me and holds me. "Gosh I am so sorry I left you alone, Alexa. What else did he do to you? What happened?"

I couldn't speak. I was shaking and sobbing so bad, all the emotions that I couldn't express during the past 3 months finally spilled out of me. I sobbed and shook for about 1 hour in Leeya's arms before I was wrung dry.

Leeya understood exactly what I needed. She simply held me and after I was dried out, with the help of Glenn, they tucked me into bed. I fell asleep because I was so tired, emotionally.

"Alexa! What happened to you?!" Daniel approaches my huddled up self in the corner of my bedroom. My old bedroom in my parent's home.

I shake my head and simply held my knees trying to regain control of my breathing. Unfortunately, I fail and soon enough I was having a full-blown out panic attack. I couldn't breathe and I started sobbing. Daniel simply held me and rubbed my back,'Shh.. it's alright. I'm here. You're safe, mon cherie"

I buried my face in his chest, inhaling his calming signature scent. Daniel kisses the top of my head and continues to hold me, tighter than before, like he would never let go.

"I got you, Lexie. Nothing can hurt you as long as I am here. Shh.. you're safe with me." He carries me towards my bed. He lays me gently and tucks me in bed, surprisingly he got in bed next to me. Daniel held me in his arms and my breathing calmed again. His arms and scent envelope me. Feeling safe once again, I fell asleep in his arms.

The sun's warmth shines on my face. I blink my eyes open and stretch from my wake. Wait, where am I? Leeya's penthouse. Realizing that it was only a dream, my good mood subsided. Why am I sore? Images of last night's events appear in my brain. No. That was a dream.

I heard a soft knock on the door before Leeya walked in,"Good morning, Lexie. How are you feeling?" She brought a tray of food and a hot steaming mug of cocoa before laying the tray on my bedside table. She sat on my bed.

"Was last night..?" I asked, just to make sure. Leeya looked into my eyes sadly, and nodded. I immediately felt a hot, searing pain cut through my chest at her response.

Hold on,Alexa. Just hold on. All the pain and torture you have been through will ve worth it. Someday.. I hope. My subconscious calms me with the words that helps me every single time I face something heartbreaking.

Its stupid to keep hoping for that one day of happiness.. when you are already so ruined and broken. My subconscious reminds me. I blink away silent tears knowing what my subconscious said is the cold hard truth. Why do I still hope?

Hey, guys!! The weekend is finally over. And I have a whole week ahead of me. Soo.... updates won't be as frequent but I'll try my best. Enjoy your days!!

xo EllaJ