Epilogue

"Daniel, hurry up!!! We'll be late!" I shouted at him at the doorstep.

My nerves are a wreck. Today is a huge day for Daniel and I. After 2 months of reconnecting with each other, we are finally ready to meet my parents, officially as boyfriend and girlfriend.

To my surprise, my parents have actually been accepting of Daniel ever since um... the accident. But tonight is special, being my birthday and all. I wanted to celebrate with my whole family since I haven't been close with them ever since shit happened.

"Relax, Lexie! We're not late. You worry too much," Daniel comes down the stairs looking deliciously handsome in a crisp grey suit and tie. I stop myself from staring at him but I felt heat rising up to my cheeks. Way to hide your feelings Lexie!

Looking at my reaction, Daniel laughs and wraps his arms around my waist. "Like what you see, Miss Miller?" he smirks down at me.

I slap his arm and say, "Don't get ahead of yourself, Mr Carter. I've seen better,"

"Really now?" he raises an eyebrow at me and swoops down to capture my lips in a ravishing kiss that leaves me breathless and wanting more.

After what feels like one short minute he lets go. "You're breathtaking, my love," he whispers to me. I blush again at his words.

With one final caress of my cheek, he speaks up,"Shall we, birthday girl? Or should I say old lady?" he snickers.

"Heyy! I'm not old!! You're older than me, grandpa!!" I tell him annoyedly.

He laughs and say cockily, "At least I look good for my age,"

I gasp in shock," Are you saying I'm ugly? Oh, you are so gonna pay for that Carter!" I shout and chase him to the car after locking the doors.

He stands leaning against the car door looking good as always when I finally caught up to him while taking short breaths after running.

"You're slow, grandma!" he mocks again with his evil grin. He captures my body in his frame and whispers huskily in my ear, "But I love it when you are all breathless, and chasing for me. Wanna be breathless again tonight, beautiful?"

I gulp at his words,my cheeks reddening instantly, "Um.."

"Well, that isn't a no. I'm glad, Alexa" he laughs again. I simply grin at him not knowing what to say. Finally! After all these months, he'll finally claim you as his.

"Come on, you can fluster in the car," he opens the car door for me and I get in.

The journey to the restaurant was silent. Then I decided to speak up, "What made you change your mind?"

"What do you mean?" Daniel responded, his eyes still looking at the road ahead.

"That er.. you want to um.." I replied awkwardly, suddenly unsure of what I was going to say.

He smirks and says, "Make love to you?"

I nod shyly and he smiles looking at me, "Because this morning when I woke up and saw you next to me looking so peaceful in your sleep, I decided then I want you. I can't hold on any more. You've been healing better and what better way to celebrate your birthday by showing my undying love to you?"

"Aww.. that is so sweet, Daniel. Thank you so much," I held his hand.

"My pleasure, Alexa. I love you, you know that right?" he says, holding up my hand to kiss it.

"I know and I love you," I smile at him. I'm so lucky to have this man in my life.

We finally reach the restaurant and a waiter directs us to a private dining room where all my closest friends and family were waiting.

"Happy Birthday, Alexa!!!!" they all yell in unison as I enter. My face is practically glowing with happiness at everyone's support towards me.

"Happy Birthday, my dear girl," mum hugs me tightly before dad envelops me in a bearhug saying, "Happy Birthday princess". This could just be the happiest day of my life. The day I have always dreamed of.

We sit down to eat the delectable course meal set out. Relaxing and humorous conversations flew around effortlessly throughout the meal. I was having an enjoyable time.

At dessert, Daniel suddenly got up and proposed a toast, "Everyone, thank you so much for being here on Alexa's special day. Thank you for your love and support towards her, helping her recover and she is here with us in good health and mind. Alexa, my love, I am so glad to be able to watch you smile and laugh today. I hope I'll be always around to see you smile and laugh for the rest of my life. I love you with all my heart and therefore.." Daniel got down on his knees in front of me.

I gasp in happiness. Words practically evade me when I realized his intentions. "Daniel.." I say as my eyes start to water.

"And therefore, will you be mine so I can always be by your side? Alexa Miller, will you marry me?" he says holding out a beautiful and simple diamond ring.

I nod excitedly in between tears of joy, "Yes!" he slips the ring onto my finger and kisses me slow and gentle, pouring his love out through the kiss. I kiss him back expressing my love for him.

"Congratulations, my dear!!" my mother hugs me, her face radiating happiness which relieves me greatly seeing her support towards my engagement.

"Thanks mum," I hug her back.

"He asked us your hand in marriage a few days ago. This is your birthday/engagement party. Congratulations, princess," my father smiles down at me.

After rounds of hugs and congratulations from everyone, Daniel finally got me back in his arms. "Finally.. Mrs Carter,"

I laugh in his arms and reach up to give him a brief kiss, "Thank you, for making this the happiest day of my life, Daniel,"

"There's more happiness ahead of us, mon amour," he smiles down at me.

Surrounded by the people I love, in the arms of the man I truly love. This is it. My life is finally complete. All that I've been through will fade with more happy moments like these.

You can breathe again now, Alexa. The worst is over. Live your life to the fullest..

That's it guys!! The story is finally over!! :')

Sorry for the really late update. Been so busy with semester finals and organizing an annual event. And sorry if you don't like the ending but this is how I picture it. If you guys have an alternate ending that you wish to share, feel free to share it!! PM me and I'll give you my email so you can send it and I'll publish it in here.

The final picture of this story,those adorable penguins. I got it from 9gag. And really,it captures the essence of my story - a broken and ruined girl who will one day meet a wonderful guy who will fix her and love her for the rest of her life :)

Thank you so much for all your support readers!! And for being those who have been reading this since I first started writing,a million thanks to you!! :*

I will not be writing a sequel. At least for now.. this story has been more of a therapy for me and I guess you can say I'm cured and I don't need to write anymore. Plus I am out of ideas lol XD

"Ruins of Our Love" is completed and it has been a wonderful and therapeutic,life-changing experience for me. I appreciate everyone reading and has enjoyed my story :)

Until next time,

xoxo EllaJ