Chapter 30

Remember when I said that Leeya waking me up is the worst way to wake up in the morning? I was wrong.

I woke up to Stephan yelling at me. "Alexa! Get up!" He pulled the duvet that is covering my body.

"What is it?!" I replied sleepily and annoyedly.

"Forgot something,love?" Stephan's tone is harsh.

Breakfast,you idiot! That reminder got me up and rising. "I am so so sorry,Stephan! I overslept. I'll go and make your breakfast now."

I put on the silk robe Stephan bought me and I started to walk out of the room. Stephan grabbed hold of my arm before I could leave,saying harshly,"Forget about it. I am late for work. I hope you will not disappoint me further at dinner tonight."

"I'm sorry,Stephan," I apologize. I do feel bad for disappointing him. It was my job and I failed.

"Save the apologies,Alexa. After your lunch,your chauffeur and security,Collins will take you to the hospital. You will officially hand in your resignation and then you will visit my father. Have our housekeeper,Sylvia to help you with anything." Stephan demands.

"Yes,Stephan," I nod. After that,Stephan left abruptly without a goodbye. I guess kind and gentle Stephan won't be making an appearance any time soon.

Since I got in late last night,I didn't have time to explore the house. I just noticed that this room is big. Like, so much bigger than Leeya's. Then again,this house is huge too.

I wondered who designed the interiors of this house. Definitely not Leeya. The theme of the designs seem to be modern and sleek. Not homey or comfy like I would prefer.

I wanted to explore the rest of the house. Starting with a shower in the well-furnished bathroom.

After dressing in jeans and a shirt,I explored my home. There are four more spacious bedrooms other than the master bedroom, an office,I assume its Stephan's,a television room complete with home theater,PlayStation and x box.

And my favorite part of the house,the private library with shelves of books ranging from classics to history to encyclopedias to fiction. It seemed that Stephan put a personal touch to this because he placed a desk with a laptop he bought for me. In the center of the library,beanbags of different colors to laze on.

When I reached the well-equipped kitchen, an elderly lady greeted me. "Good morning,Mrs Grant. I am Sylvia,your housekeeper."

"Morning. Call me Alexa,please," I smiled at the kind lady.

"Sorry,ma'am. Staff aren't allowed to call first names. Mr Grant's rules." Sylvia say.

Of course. He has rules for the staff too. "I see. Is there any other rules in this house?" I ask.

"I am assigned to only keep the house clean. I also have to make sure that you cook the meals,with my minimal help if you require of it. And also to make sure that you do not run or leave without Mr Grant's permission," she says.

I frown at her words. Stephan has the staff to watch over me?

"Forgive me,ma'am. But Mr Grant insisted those things as part of my job." Sylvia states,noticing my displeased composure.

I sigh,"Its alright,Sylvia,"

"Its almost lunchtime,Mrs Grant. Shall we prepare lunch?" she asks.

"Sure. Do you cook?" I ask her.

"I do. I would gladly teach you if you want,Mrs Grant." Sylvia kindly offers. I like her. I think she would be good company during my lonely stay here.