Chapter 34

Disclaimer: This chapter contains violence. Though I wrote it in very little detail, if you do not like it, feel free to stop reading.

Over the next few days, my days's activities developed a routine: wake up-cook breakfast-eat-shower-basketball-lunch-therapy session over the phone with Dr Morrison-reading-movie-dinner-stephan-sleep. Repeat.

At first I thought that it's not so bad,I get to relax all day and do things I love.

But two weeks later, as in this morning, I feel lonely. And out of my mind bored. I really miss going out. I miss hanging out with Leeya. You miss Daniel too.. my subconscious states.

I place my fingers to my temple, wondering how could I even say that. Stephan has been civil to you. No harsh words. Just bossing around as usual. He is your husband now. Its not fair for him if you keep thinking about Daniel. Forget about Daniel. My subconscious states again.

But if I remain in this silence at home, all kinds of thoughts and memories would fill my mind. Oh crap.

My stomach started churning. Not again. I rush to the bathroom and threw up the contents of my breakfast.

The dreaded morning sickness has started appearing. I could barely eat without throwing up. Hang on for your baby. I encouraged myself.

Which reminds me,I have a doctor's appointment today. Shit! You forgot to tell Stephan.

I decided to call him to ask for permission to go out. Cross your fingers he won't burst at you.

Taking a deep breath,I dial Stephan's number.

"Grant," Stephan answers after two rings. Here goes, deep breaths, Alexa.

"Stephan, it's me Alexa. Am I disturbing you?" I asked with a small voice.

"Alexa. Not so much. But I can't talk long. What is the matter?" he says with a business-like tone. Jeez, so much for care and concern from my husband.

"Um.. I need to go out today. Is that okay?" I ask timidly.

He takes a moment to reply, "Where to?"

"The doctor's. I have an an appointment today," I say.

I can picture him narrowing his eyes suspiciously at me, "I thought your therapy sessions are over the phone?"

I sigh, "It's the gynecologist. Health check up,"

"Alexa, it's still weeks till you are scheduled for an ultrasound. Do not lie to me," Stephan says coldly.

"The mother of the baby who suffers morning sickness due to her being pregnant needs a check-up, Stephan. If I want to lie to you, I wouldn't lie in the name of my baby," I lash at him, annoyed that he would think so lowly of me.

"Don't use that tone with me, Alexa. You were supposed to inform me earlier. Not hours before. I have a busy schedule," Stephan says harshly.

If you love me, you would give up everything. But no, you just want an heir. That's why you married me. I thought sadly.

"Fine. I'll take that as a no. Worth a shot," I lashed again.

Before Stephan could reply, I said, "Thank you for your time, sir. Goodbye," then I hung up the phone. He's going to kill you tonight.

I shudder at the thought. But then again, the worst he could do is beat my arse till its red as eff. He wouldn't kill me. Would he?

Trying to calm myself, I decided to sleep it off. I suddenly feel so tired. Must be the pregnancy.