Chapter 15

Hey guys! Please don't skip the A/N below! Something important! Enjoy readings!! :p

I dedicate this story to @suckmylunchbox for being my first follower!! Thank you!!! xo

No, it can't be happening. But it did.

I struggled to hold myself together as the tremors shook me. I am trying to convince myself that last night was real and I broke down in front of that arsehole. Fuck!

Eventually, I got out of bed. Moving through the motions, showering, dressing, eating, brushing my teeth. I needed to do something, if I don't I'll break down again. I head to the kitchen, I overhear conversation. By accident I eavesdropped.

"She's broken, you know" Leeya speaks on the phone to I don't know whom.

After a while she continues, "You should've fought for her. Look at her now. She wouldn't have been in such pain and suffering."

I gasp. I know exactly who she is talking to. Only one person should've have fought for me, Daniel..

"Leeya, leave him be. He has his life." I say as I walk into the kitchen. Leeya looks at me wide-eyed and hangs up the phone. My facial features expressionless. I have to let her think I am unaffected, though I am. I miss Daniel terribly. Especially after a night like last night, he would've held me, safe and sound.

"Sorry, Lexie. I.." Leeya mutters her apology. I shrug it off and tell her not to contact him again. I tell Leeya I am gonna play basketball before heading downstairs. Leeya nods apologetically.

Gosh, the dribbling calms me down. I do lay-ups, shoots and various dribbles. I spent hours down there before Glenn appears to drag me back upstairs for lunch. Feeling relatively better, I am pleased with my activity. Basketball never fails to calm me down.

"Heyy, how was basketball?" Leeya asks.

I nod, "Good. Why are you not at work?"

"Lazy ass today." She grins her reply. I grin back. We eat our lunch of pasta aglio e olio in peace.

Suddenly, my phone rings playing its ringtone of "Rather Be" cover by Pentatonix. Without looking at the caller display, I pick it up.

"Hello?" I speak into the receiver.

"Alexa. How are you this morning?" I gulp. Its Stephan.

"Fine." I mumble. I know I am far from fine and Stephan knows that.

"That was not what I witnessed last night. I am coming over for dinner." Stephan says.

I facepalmed,"You did that Stephan. You hurt me.Don't bother coming for dinner. I won't be home." I was not lying. I decided earlier to take the nightshift at the hospital. It's better than sleeping and dreaming and waking up. Repeat.

"You defied me. Which is cause for punishment. You know that. And don't bother avoiding me, Alexa. I'll find you." Stephan threatens. I can't believe this man!

"Goodbye, Stephan" I say shakily to him.

Tears are threatening to spill again. Leeya reaches over and hugs me. " Sorry I can't do anything, Lexie."

"It's okay. I'll be fine." I assure her.

I am sure of it. I intend to push Stephan away for this whole week and enjoy my last week as a single woman. I've already made plans.

"Come on then, we have a spa day today!" Leeya exclaims excitedly. I grin at her. I am determined to not let Stephan bother me. I head to my room to get ready.

Soon enough, we are on our way to one of the most prestigious spas in the city. I felt relaxed getting a back massage and soaking in the hot tub. I even decided to get a manicure and pedicure. Getting pampered is exactly what I needed to escape from my horrible days. Leeya and I also had time to catch up. We laughed and giggled like school girls, reminiscing about our childhood days where we were so playful and foolish.

I particularly enjoyed my afternoon. Soon enough, I had to go to work. I gratefully buried myself in the pile of paperwork. At night, there are a lot of patients coming in the Emergency Room. I busied myself there and took tests for patients who needed bloodwork and such. By dawn I headed home. Feeling exhausted and worn out, I passed out in bed. I was so tired that I didn't have any dreams that night. I slept calmly that night, thankfully.

Over the next few days, I busied myself. I had plenty of activities to do before I had to run to the hospital for the nightshift. Horseriding, archery, swimming, teaching interns. Not forgetting, lots and lots of basketball. And thankfully, every night, or dawn.. I was so worn out that I fell asleep quickly and no dreams appeared. It was a great week.

I also had a constant flow of fresh flowers at work, every single day. They were all from Stephan, apologizing for his behavious on Monday night. He tried calling me, even sent me multiple text messages, but I ignored them all. Since he didn't know me that well yet, the flowers he sent in were red roses. Typical. I hate red roses. My favorite flowers were peach blossoms and pink lilies. Even my Victoria Secret perfume were based on either one of those flowers. But roses? Ew. I hate them, they are too cliche and could easily be a lie.

Everything was going well for me, until the day before my wedding arrived.. God help me..

I know this chapter is so freaking short but I kinda have writers' block right now. So.. yeah. Sorry guys! Anywayy.. the important thing I needed to tell you is that I desperately need a new cover for my story. I would've done it myself, but I have no idea what to do. Since you guys are so multitalented and awesome, if you have any ideas or better yet, a sample or so.. feel free to message me! Comment, rate and follow pleasee!!!

xoxo EllaJ