Chapter 23

"Mmm.. this is so good! I want more!!" I exclaim in pure satisfaction.

"With pleasure,my love," Stephan says and he orders another mie kocok.

Mie kocok is a special Bandung noodle soup. Its served with hot broth and beef tendons. Its savory and hot soup is scrumptious! And of course, the meal is served with the signature TehBotol.

We were having lunch by the road. Despite the smoke,dust and grit and the noise of passing cars, mie kocok is one of the best noodles I have ever tasted.

After that Stephan took me to a souvenir shop. I didn't buy regular tshirts or keychains,instead I bought the best junk food bandung could offer. From crispy breads with cheese called Bagelan to crispy tofus wrapped in crackers to extremely spicy potato chips called Maicih

"Do you want anything else?" Stephan asks.

"No,thank you. I have plenty of snacks to last me a lifetime,I think." I say to Stephan.

Stephan laughs and says,"Probably. Well we should get on the road. Yogya is waiting for us,"

Its another long drive to Yogya. I did nothing else but sleep,read and eat snacks along the way.

Stephan was silent throughout the whole journey too. He seemed to be fixated on his laptop. When I asked him about it, he said its work. Though I do not agree on him working during our honeymoon,I can't say anything. He must be a busy man. Would he be so fixated on his work when you both live together too? My subconscious asks. I ignore her.

We reached Yogyakarta around dinnertime. My arse is sore and my legs stiff from sitting too long in the car.

"Alexa,would you like to have dinner around here or simply order room service from the hotel?" Stephan asks me.

"Um.. what is around here?" I ask.

"There is a restaurant which sells gudeg. A Yogya specialty. Its stewed jackfruit,weird I know. But its good. Do you want to try it?" Stephan inquires.

That sounds good. Whatever it is. You know you can't turn down food lex! My subconscious reminds me. And I have to agree with her. "Okay. I'd love to try it." I reply Stephan.

We were led to a table and Stephan ordered us both rice with fried chicken and gudeg.

"How do you like our honeymoon so far?" Stephan makes conversation while waiting for our food.

I sipped my TehBotol before answering,savoring its bittersweet taste of tea. "I am enjoying myself. Thank you for asking and thank you for taking me here."

"I am glad. Hopefully the next four years will be pleasant for the both of us." Stephan states.

I nod,"Yes. Um.. Stephan,may I ask you something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"What happens after four years?" I ask nervously.

"That depends on us. If we want we can continue being together or we can go our seperate ways. What do you want?" He asks, his blue eyes looking through me.

I gulp,"Um.. I dunno. You?" I ask back.

"Its looking good so far. We might just extend to forever. Don't you agree?" Stephan smiles.

He wants you! My subconscious says. I brush it off and reply,"I..I guess?" My tone is uncertain. I just can't fully let him know who I really am and what I actually did. He would get rid of me in an instant.

"I see." Stephan answers coldly once he catches the uncertainity in my voice.

I try to change the subject,"Where are we staying when we get back?"

"My house in the suburbs. I am not fond of the city myself. You will love it,there is a basketball court and a spacious library," he states proudly.

I smile,clearly happy with the two things I love. "Thank you. Other than those what can I do in the house? Why won't you let me work?" I ask. I still haven't let go of my job which I love and worked hard for.

Stephan's jaw tightens at my question. "I won't let you work because I said so. I can provide for the both of us. You will cook and clean. I want the house spotles at all times and all three meals to be served without fail. Do you understand, Alexa?"

What the hell! Am I a maid or a wife?! "So I am not allowed out of the house anytime?" I ask again.

"If you ask my permission,I will allow you to. But you have to ask earlier because I would have James plan your security detail." Stephan says.

Security?! Wtf?! Before I could protest,my food arrives. And to be honest, it looks damn good. But I needed to say something first before I could dig in.

"You are being ridiculous Stephan. The only person I would go out with is Leeya and she fights well. You have nothing to be worried about." I argue.

Stephan glares at me and says,"You want to go out? You are going with security,if you refuse,don't go out at all!,"

I clench my jaws and say nothing further,knowing it will get me nowhere. I start to eat my dinner,which is surprisingly good.

The gudeg is sweet and contrasts with the savory fried chicken but goes well with the white rice.

I just noticed how different the rice in Indonesia is. Well,they have plenty of rich soil cause of the volcanos here,makes perfect sense if their rice tastes amazing.

We both finish our dinner in cold silence. I refused to say anything after his display of ridiculous rules. And Stephan seems angry with me too. Like I give a damn.

James drives us to the hotel after dinner. The room we are in,as usual,is the best in the hotel and I can see the view of Yogyakarta clearly. But tonight I am really not in the mood and I dump my bags in the master bedroom.

Stephan comes in after me and notices my unhappy mood. He grabs my arm as I stomped off to exit the room.

His grip is tight on me,"Alexa,what's wrong?"

"Really?! You are asking me what is wrong?? Great question,Stephan!" I shake my arm free of his grip. Fortunately he lets me go.

I went to the minibar to find something to drink. Stephan comes in a few minutes later and says before I found any drink,"You are not drinking,Alexa!"

"For god's sake, Stephan! Just let me do what I want!" I yell at him,seriously frustrated with all his freaking control.

Stephan looms over me,"Do not use that tone with me,Alexa! You are not drinking. We have to sleep. We have a long day tomorrow,"

"No! Just leave me alone!" I really do want to be alone.

Ever since arriving here, I have been wanting to simply break down and cry sometimes. But could never bring myaelf to it.

After tonight,I don't know anymore. Everything was going so well!

Suddenly,Stephan grabs me and hauls me over his shoulder. I trash in his arms but he pays no attention.

He carries me to our room and sets me in the bathroom. Before I could run, out of nowhere he pins me with his large and heavy body against the wall. I gasp, clearly shocked at this turn of events.

"Ste..stephan? What are you doing? Let me go!" I struggle in his arms. He simply pushes my body with his harder against the wall till I am immobile and vulnerable and a mute. Help!!

Heyy guys! Hope you like it.. and yes.. a cliffhanger mwehehe!! XD

Btw, just a reminder Yogya or Yogyakarta is pronounced as Jogja or Jogjakarta. Aand I have a Scrabble tournament for the next two days so I probably won't be updating this weekend. Wish me luck guys!! :)

Oh and the photo above is Mie Kocok!

Vote,comment and subscribe please!! Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend guys!!

xoxo EllaJ