003┊𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

⌌ ⌍

⌎                                                                  ⌏

⌎ ⌏

1862

Stefan was now fifteen years of age and would tease Primrose about being ten months younger than him, born in May. It was an annual thing after he had his birthday, he would tease Prim about being 'too young' the entirety of the run-up to her birthday.

They had been fast friends ever since they met seven years ago and Prim was often seen around the Salvatore house since the death of Lily Salvatore in 1858. She would often be patching Damon's wounds from his father or trying to convince Giuseppe to let all of the slaves he owned be let free.

When Prim was twelve and Stefan was thirteen, Prim found two slave children cooking dinner for the family. She was distraught about this and immediately went home, staying up all night with Johnathan who she had begged to teach her how to cook.

"I do not understand why you want to learn how to cook at twelve years of age, Prim. Mother and Granny Dotty can cook for us perfectly fine." Johnathan asked her while rolling some dough, sleeves of his shirt rolled up to his elbows.

While the Gilbert family did have maids and cooks, the maids employed were certainly not owned by them, they had their own homes and were paid a considerable amount of money. While most of them were people of color, they never treated them differently. The cooks would only cook for them on special occasions or if they had a company that day, of course being a popular family they often did, meaning the cooks were often seen around the house once or twice a week. Still paid extremely well for those times.

"I learned the Salvatore's have poorly paid and unpaid slaves on their lands. I met two children last week, Sebastian and Harriet. Oh, Johnathan, they were simply so sweet, so I want to surprise them and their families with food when I visit." She replied, cutting up some fruit.

Johnathan smiled at his sister while she concentrated. Her tongue would poke out the corner of her mouth and her nose would scrunch whenever she was deep in concentration. She was truly an angel who fell from heaven, she was a gift.

"Well, that's very kind of you." He spoke almost proudly.

"It's not kindness, Johnathan. It's just what a good person should do." She replied

Since that day she would bring a fresh-baked meal every time she visited the Salvatore house. After Stefan had learned the reason why he seemed to fall more in love with her. He knew he should probably tell his father but he simply couldn't, not when she was helping people.

Prim was supposed to be visiting tonight, and Stefan was extremely excited. He normally was when she would visit. He would wait for her thirty minutes before she was due to arrive, which was what he was currently doing. Damon then approached him.