014┊𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞

⌌ ⌍

⌎                                                                  ⌏

⌎ ⌏

Prim sat with Caroline, gently stroking up and down her back in a calming manner. Damon then walked back over, a glass of blood in his hand. "Here." He passed it to Caroline with a closed-lipped smile.

"I'm still shaking." Caroline sighed, moving the glass up to her lips.

"What happened?" Stefan asked as he rushed into the room.

Caroline sighed as she swallowed, looking up to Damon. "Go ahead, tell him. You're gonna love this." He smirked, leaning his arms on the back of the chair.

"I saw Katherine today."

"Where?" Stefan asked quickly, his forehead furrowing.

"At the grill. I just stopped by to gawk and quasi-stalk Matt..." She explained, going into vivid detail about the small conversation that happened between the two. Prim winced as she did, feeling the embarrassment pit in her stomach for Caroline.

"Skip the teen drama and get to it." Damon groaned.

"Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm a doofus..." Caroline continued, shaking her head. She told them how Katherine confronted her in the bathroom, telling her to deliver a message.

"What was the message?" Stefan asked.

"Tell Damon and Stefan I want the moonstone or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood."

Stefan raised his eyebrows and looked to Damon and then Prim. "Tell him the rest of it." Damon urged with a smirk.

"Tonight, at the masquerade ball."

"She wants to do it in public. Killing mason caught her off guard." Stefan pointed out.

"I still don't get why you had to kill him." Prim voiced. "I feel like it's gonna come back to bite us in the ass." She muttered, looking over her tense shoulders to glare at Damon.

"Just because you liked to look at him, doesn't mean his life had value-" Damon scoffed, glaring back at her.

"Every life has value." Prim counteracted. "Except Katherine's."

"Something we can agree on," Damon smirked, holding his palm out for her to smack. "She's running scared what she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks."

"We can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter than her." Stefan spoke while picking up Caroline's empty glass.

"Can't we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asked the three riled-up vampires with wide eyes.