018┊𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭

⌌                              ⌍

⌎                                                                 ⌏

Rose was not okay. To be perfectly candid, she was dying alarmingly quick. Prim had never felt more guilty in her life, the werewolf lunged for her, she was the one supposed to be dying, not Rose. And no amount of blood was regaining the woman's health, she was growing weaker by the second. "I was born in fourteen-fifty," Rose spoke. "That makes me five hundred and sixty years old."

"Well if you were a bottle of wine." Damon joked, holding another blood bag.

Rose breathed out a chuckle. "So... I can die. I've lived long enough."

Prim frowned from beside her. "You know, if your gonna be maudlin, I'm just gonna kill you myself," Damon spoke with a scoff. "Just to put me out of your misery. Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite."

"Just a fatal-to-a-vampire werewolf bite." Rose chuckled sadly.

"Well, according to legend, which is a notoriously unbelievable source." Prim interjected. Her voice was almost hopeful.

"Exactly." Damon agreed. "Now, drink up. Blood heals."

Rose took the glass and drank a small amount of blood. "Yeah. It does feel like it's working." She nodded, taking another sip.

Prim smiled enthusiastically. "Great."

"Let's have a look. Come on." Damon waved prim over to stand beside him. He gently pulled the back of her robe down, revealing the growing infection. Prim's mouth gaped and her eyebrows scrunched in a pained manner. The infection had intensified massively since last night, it looked horrific. Prim covered her mouth to conceal the gasp that threatened to escape, and turned her head to the side.

"How is it?" Rose asked.

"Uh, definitely better." Damon sputtered. "Right, Elena?" He spoke.

Elena stood in the doorway, her eyes planted on Rose's back. "It's- not bad."

Rose's shoulders slightly relaxed. "Really?" She questioned again.

"Mmhm." Prim hummed, looking worriedly over to Damon.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asked Elena.

She sighed. "He left. I need you to talk to him-"

"We're a bit busy Elena." Prim interrupted shortly.

"I know." Elena nodded. "But he's convinced that he has to find Isobel but that's gonna upset Elijah."

Prim sighed as she poured more blood into a cup for Rose. "I really don't care about what upsets Elijah." She muttered, causing Rose to smile up at her in amusement.