Chapter 16

Frank's POV

Gerard was sleeping peacefully and Mikey had quickly driven me to my place to grab some things before driving back to his house.

I dumped my things into the spare room before i went back downstairs to Mikey who had just finished ordering some pizza.

"I ordered enough for the three of us, but if Gerard doesn't wake up we can save some for him, can stick it in the fridge or something." Mikey said, sitting on the couch and stretching.

I sat next to him and yawned. "Today was very stressful..." I muttered, staring at the wall infront of me.

"Tell me about it..." Mikey chuckled lightheartedly and ran his hand through his hair.

"The kid that the dude with the gun was after was in my classroom and he tried to leave while i was trying to calm Jamia down from a panic attack and it's all to hectic." I mumbled and Mikey nodded.

"That must have been terrifying for him... and everyone in your classroom. But at least he's been caught now." Mikey replied.

"Yeah, but that doesn't change everyone who died. It doesn't bring them back... It doesn't give their families any hope that their kids, brothers, sisters, grandkids, nieces and nephews will walk through that door, a big smile on their face. All they're left with is the damned thought that their child lost their life without people who cared for them, raised them around them. Imagine that... Dying in the hands of a gunman... without your mom, your dad, you brother. It's be horrible. The last thing you see is other people dying and the last thing you hear is the strangled screams of classmates. If only they delayed their entrance by at least a few seconds or minutes... maybe their families wouldn't be left with the gaping wound of a dead child." I didn't even realise what i was saying, i just spoke and that's what came out.

Sometimes i don't know what i say, and it just flows out.

"All those empty spaces at the dinner table... One less child at chrismas, one less birthday to celebrate... But one more grave to visit." Okay frank stop talking. Stop it bad frank.

"Yeah... i can't imagine dying without Gerard, it's hard enough the thought of dying with Gerard next to me. But when you don't have that knowledge that everything will be okay, it seems to make it ten times worse." Mikey said and i nodded.

We heard the doorbell ring and we both let out a breath we didn't know we were holding and stood up.

Mikey walked to the kitchen and i walked to the door and payed for the pizza's, before walking back into the kitchen and placing them down on the counter.

I opened them and Mikey passed me a plate in which o took three slices of the cheese pizza and put them onto my plate.

Mikey took an assortment and we ate in silence. Our silence was broken when a sleepy Gerard walked through the door and looked at us both before yawning and grabbing a plate and pizza.

"How did you know we ordered pizza ?" Mikey asked.

"I smelt it... and woke up. Because it's pizza Mikey you should know this by now." Gerard brushed his hair out of his face before eating his pizza, leant you against the counter.

I was sat on the table and Mikey was sat on the floor, his back against the cupboards.

It was safe to say, the atmosphere created in this room was very awkward and i had no idea why... Maybe i do. Maybe it was because i decided to get dark with talking about what happened earlier and Gerard just kept silent about the awkwardness.