- one -

Sometimes you just know it's time to
start something new and
trust the magic of new beginnings.

Sometimes you just know it's time tostart something new andtrust the magic of new beginnings

It's been a week since we moved.

I got a job at a cafe, which sells the best chocolate cookies I've ever tasted. My brother got enrolled in a school and will start his first day on Monday.

It's Saturday today. I've been working for 4 days now and my shift is in the morning from Monday to Thursday so I have no idea who works in the evening, My shift ends at 5. But I have afternoon and evening shift on Friday, its starts from 3 and ends at 9. Two Saturdays are off and all the Sundays are off. I don't have work today.

I was headed towards the cafe to buy some chocolate cookies for myself and since it's 1 o'clock in the afternoon and my first time going in the cafe at this time I have no idea who would be working there right now.

I was getting really bored and since its Nate's last Saturday before his school starts I don't think he'll be waking up before 3 o'clock in the afternoon. He already had his breakfast tho. And I already made the lunch in case he gets hungry before I get back, I've had my lunch before leaving.

I went in the cafe and was greeted by the wonderful smell of chocolate. If this isn't heaven I don't know what is.

I don't talk to people a lot which is ironic since I'm working as a waitress here. But I have to, for the money, for Nate. But I keep the conversation short and sweet.

But I still feel uncomfortable talking to someone I don't know, which is almost everyone except Nate.

I went to the counter to order my chocolate cookies. I can't buy more than two because I'm still saving money, I know we have a lot of money because our parents saved it for us. But I can't use it all like this, what if one day the money is not enough for me or Nate to buy something essential.

"Hi, welcome to Looney's cafe, what can I get for you?" I was greeted by one of the worker from behind the counters.

"H-hi, yes, can I have two of the chocolate cookies and a chocolate shake, please?" I said to the worker.

He stared at me with a look I couldn't understand but it made me uncomfortable. "Sure, cutie, anything else?" he said with a wink.

I squirmed under his gaze, not looking into his eyes. "No, that'll be it. And please don't call me that" I said regarding the nickname he gave me.

"What? cutie? But you are a cutie" he said with a wink again and now I regret coming here but at the same time I felt relieved that I don't have the same shift as him.

"Yes, that. Can I have the cookies and the shake, please?" I said changing the topic.

"Yeah, just a second." he said handing me the cookies while checking me out.