- eleven -

Fall in love with
taking care of yourself.

Fall in love withtaking care of yourself

"Why won't you stop crying?"

"You're such a baby!!"

"I know it hurts, but it won't soon. Just stop already."

"NO!" I woke up screaming and thrashing.

He's not letting me go!

He's here!!

"Li!" Nate came rushing into my room.

He will hurt him!!

"No, Nate! You can't be here! It's not safe. Please." I said trying to get up to make him leave. I can't lose Nate.

"Li, what's wrong? Why isn't it safe? I'm not leaving you!" Nate said reaching near me hugging me closely.

"It was a nightmare. Shhh" he said caressing my hair softly.

"You're safe. We're safe. Just a nightmare. No one's here."

I sobbed hugging him close.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Nate said wiping my face softly.

I can't tell him.

"I- I saw someone. He was robbing our house a-and he had a g-gun. And then h-he saw m-me and and p-pointed his g-gun at me. And you c-came to s-save me. And he- I can't lose you Nate! Ever!"

I lied thinking about the movie we saw last night.

"Li, it's just like the movie we saw last night. You went to bed straight after watching it. It's just a nightmare. Not real. I'm safe, with you. You're safe, here with me. Nothing else matters. We're okay. Here drink some water." he said giving me the glass of water from nightstand.

I calmed down and sat on the bed still holding Nate's finger. He didn't mind. He knows I need something around me to make sure I'm here. And that was not real.

He sat beside me and hugged me.

"Since we're both up. And it's almost 6am, how about you get ready and I make us breakfast. Something you like?" Nate said pecking my hair.

"I'll make the breakfast don't w-"

"But I want to make something for you. You haven't let me cook breakfast in weeks."

"Yes, because you have school."

"I will manage. Please Li." He said showing me his adorable puppy dog eyes and that soft pout.

"Fine."

I went and took a shower and got ready in like half an hour and went downstairs. Nate was almost done with breakfast. He made pancakes. I love them. I love him.

I went inside the kitchen with a smile on my face, lucky to have a brother like him.

"Hey!"

"Hey, sis. You ready for the best pancakes in the world?"