- eight -

You deserve so much more,
know your worth.

We spend the rest of the hours exploring the city

I brought my Polaroid camera which was a gift from Nate and we took so many pictures.

Before we know it, it was already 6 pm and time for us to head back.

"Did you text your friends saying you'll come to the party?"

"Not yet." Nate replied while driving us back home.

"But you're going, right?"

"Yes, Li. I'll text them once we're home."

"Okay." I gave him a small grin.

We talked about what he'll wear and how he'll be there during the ride back.

Once we got home we both went to change.

Him into his party outfit and me into my pjs.

The most comfortable and the softest pair of sweats I own.

After sometime I heard Nate's footsteps loud enough because he was running around the house.

"Okay, I'm ready." He announced before entering the living room.

He entered the room wearing black jeans with a white shirt and a black leather jacket on top of it all, hair styled in a messy but neat kinda way.

He walked in front of me like a model showing me his outfit and then looked at me for answer.

"It's perfect."

"But?"

"But I don't want you having a girlfriend. You're not allowed to have a girlfriend and this outfit will not help my case."

"But why?"

"Why what?"

"Why am I not allowed to have a girlfriend."

"Because you're too young to have a girlfriend."

"But I thought you were the fun sis. You'll encourage me to have a girlfriend. Someone I'll treat the way you all taught me to treat." Nate said pouting at the end.

He's a baby.

He's my baby brother.

He's growing way too fast.

"You're growing way too fast." I finally said sinking in the couch.

"I'm sorry. If it was in my hands I would be 7 forever."

I raised my eyebrow questioning Nate, "Why 7?"

He gave me a boyish grin,"Because when I was 7 you were 10 and you went to that 'I'm a chef' phase and used to make those super delicious cakes with dad and I was in the 'You're my favorite chef, I'll eat everything you bake' phase and used to eat all those cakes alone."