Chapter 3 - Hostage

The marine was tall and had raven black hair. He wore a suit that was underneath the marine coat that all the high ranking officers wore and he had a merciless smile plastered across his face as he continued to make his way to the main square, where all the surviving villagers were at. He was followed by other marines, which quickly surrounded the frightened people, pointing their guns to them.

"So this is where you have been hiding." Zen said as he stared down at the villagers. "I've always been searching for this place, you know?"

Clare spat with a murderous glare. "What do you want from us?"

Zen crouched down to her level and gave her a mocked confused face with a head tilt. "I heard that you could gain powers from this place, even if you had a devil fruit." That mocked confused face, slowly turned to one of pure insanity. "I want that power. I need it."

The man stood up and looked at all the remaining people of the village. "Now, where is your chief? I believe his name was Gol D. Rune. Brother of Gol D. Roger, no?"

"WHAT!?"

"ROGER HAD A BROTHER?!" The whole room screamed, while Ace's scream was mixed into the rest, but it was standing out. "I HAVE AN UNCLE?!"

"How come I never knew of this?!" Exclaimed the Fleet Admiral as the Admirals were also wondering why they didn't know that Roger had a brother.

"We must kill him!" Declared Akainu as some of the marines agreed with him by nodding.

Aokiji stated in a lazy tone, "But we don't even know if he is alive, or where he is."

Akainu clicked his tongue and settled down, but he was in a pissed mood.

"How come Luffy never told me that I had an uncle?" Asked Ace as he was slightly angry at his little brother, but Silvia popped out of nowhere and scared the group.

"Simple, it's because he promised someone to keep it a secret." She explained, which only got her more curious looks. "But, let me tell you. He really wanted to tell you, but he knew he had to keep the secret. Even if he didn't, I don't think he would tell you, or maybe he would. Who knows?"

The lady crossed her arms and said before she disappeared again, "Anyway, you're supposed to watch his past and try to understand him, to save him. Remember that!"

Once she was gone, there was another silence. Usopp broke it, by saying, "I wonder if Luffy's alright. I feel guilty for watching his memories."

"We all do." Nami stated, knowing that she didn't want others to know her past.

"Get over it. It's the only way to leave. We can apologize to Luffy after getting out of here." Zoro said, but then frowned remembering what Silva said before. "The thing that concerns me is what that woman meant by saving him and the chosen thing."

The rest of the strawhats nodded. Others were listening in on their conversation and they agreed. Of course, not all of them wanted to save the pirate, but they were still curious. Ace and Sabo frowned, very concerned about Silvia's introduction at the start. There was no problem with Luffy when they met him, so it had to been before they did and that concerns them.

Luffy never talked about his past before they met him, except for the training Garp gave him, but other than that nothing. After all this time, they just thought that he was living a normal life before they met him and by so far watching his past it seemed that way before the marines showed up. They wanted to help save their little brother, so they were going to understand him better. Maybe this was the clue of knowing why Luffy acts the way he does sometimes.