Chapter 6 - The Will

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?" Screamed the crowd.

"It's a demon." Stated Silvia, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Ace started to panic. "Why the hell is there a demon on Luffy's island?"

Sabo added, "Demons aren't real! It can't be a real one."

Sighing, Silvia replied, "You have fruits that grant people abilities, have huge monsters in the seas called sea kings and have many different races, yet you can't believe that there aren't demons out there? It's only there because it was the cost of granting people of the island powers. It was sealed by the first people of the village."

"I guess that makes sense..." Whispered Sabo as he stared at the image of the demon on the screen.

"Don't worry, it's gone and there aren't any more out there." The goddess cheered happily, but once it died down, she whispered to herself. "for now, at least."

"Ni-chan..." Luffy called out as he trembled and held on tight to his brother.

"What a wonderful sight!" Exclaimed Zen as he strolled up to the demon and touched the stone the demon was trapped in. "Now I can have more power, I just need to release it!"

"What! You got to see the core, now leave the island!" Ordered Rune. "It was what we promised."

"Did I?" Questioned Zen while tilting his head with his mocking smile plastered on his face. "I don't remember."

"You!"

Zen ignored them and took something out of is pocket. It wasn't the button he had shown them before, it was a tiny container. It contained a red liquid substance and Zen had opened the lid. As he poured the liquid over the stone he spoke.

"With the blood of D, I'll be able to awaken this creature."

Rune's face paled. The blood of D was the only in the blood people with the middle name D and most of them were on the island, but there wasn't a lot of people with D initial. It was only himself and the children with him that had it on the island. Outside the island, there was only three people who had the blood. Dragon, Garp and... his younger brother, Roger. Garp and Dragon wouldn't give their blood so carelessly to someone, and Roger was dead.

'Dead...' Thought Rune and it clicked. "You didn't..."

"Hm?" Zen turned around to Rune and got the message. "Oh, I did. While others were cleaning up after the execution, I collected some of Roger's blood. I knew I had to have the blood of D if I wanted to gain the power."

"That's sick." Mumbled Coby as he turned away from the screen. He was ashamed that this person was a marine. He was worse than Morgan and he had thought he was bad. "How could he ever have been a marine."

Ace stared at disgust of Zen. Sure, he hated his father, but it was disgusting to him that his blood was taken by that sick marine. He should be able to rest in peace. The freckled boy seemed to forgive his biological father a bit, since he had Whitebeard as a father now. He was happy. He had his brothers and his nakama, who came to save him at the war, but if he didn't have things the way it was, who would have known what his path would be.

"He shouldn't have stolen Captain's blood." Growled Shanks as he was glaring at the marine. His former captain was like a father for him. He had died and should be resting in peace. The thought of stealing his blood to release the demon, made him angry.

"Shanks calm down!" Benn said as he was keeping his captain from getting up and rushing at screen marine. "It's a memory remember? In the past?"

Shanks clicked his tongue and slumped into his chair. People around him were shocked at the reaction. Shanks was always outgoing and cheerful, but here he was. Angry and wanted to murder Zen. The strawhats sighed as Shanks was very similar to their captain.