Chapter 9 - Abilities

The screen was back to the destroyed island. It showed Luffy still wrapped in the grip of the vines, but his hand twitched. He slowly opened his eyes, only to see a light. The little boy squinted his eyes and tried to focus his eyes at the light. At the light, Luffy's eyes widened at the sight of his older brother. The piercing red eyes were staring at him in concern. He was covered in serious injuries and blood. Yuko also seemed to be very tired and looked like he could pass out in any minute.

"Ni...-chan." Luffy stuttered as tears fell out of his eyes.

"Luffy!" Yuko exclaimed as he rushed to the trapped boy. He studied the vines that trapped his younger brother but couldn't find anything. Moving on to plan B, he burned all the vines, freeing his younger brother. "Are you alright!?"

Luffy was in his brother's arms once more and was being crushed with a bear hug. "Ni-chan, what's going on? Are you ok?"

"Not now Luffy." Yuko said when he was dashing out of the demon. "Let's get out of here first, but we're free now."

Luffy mumbled, "Free?"

Luffy was trapped in the monster, for who knows how long, but he knew that it was very cold and lonely. He never wanted to feel like that again. It was terrifying and horrible. He liked to be free with the people he cared for.

Yuko ran and jumped out of the hole in the chest of the creature. There was another blinding light and screen turned white.

"What's going on?"

"How did Yuko-san get to Luffy-san?"

"Where is the other brother?"

"What happened?"

Silvia shouted, "QUIET!" over the questions of the crowd. She gained all the attention and there was silence, waiting for her explanation.

"That was just the perspective of little angel. The scene is changing to the memory of the battle. You'll get your answers in the memory." Silvia stated as the questions all died down.

"What do you think happened?" Ace whispered to the blonde next to him. "Yuko seemed to have very bad injuries."

Sabo shook his head. "I don't know, but she said we would find out, though I am concerned of how he got those injuries. Did the others have the same injuries?"

The group of 8 were getting ready for battle and Clare made sure that everyone was healed, getting their stamina back and there was no injury. She couldn't fight, since she ability was healing, so she was on support. She would be the one to get the warriors on their feet after they get seriously injured. She shad determination in her eyes. She was going to save her son no matter what.

Dragon slightly smiled at the woman he had fell in love with. That determination in her eyes first gave him the interest in her. He would have never thought that he would have fallen in love with her.

He met her on the island when he was lost at sea. Like his father, he was born on Dawn Island, but his great, great grandfather had escaped the island on a miracle. Out of everyone on the island, Roger was the react on to leave, but the others didn't know why. It was like it let the man go, trying to bring the marines to the island.

In the history books, they say that Loguetown was his birthplace, but it wasn't. It was the island Luffy was from, but they put down Loguetown because he was first sighted there. It was going to be the same for Luffy at Dawn Island, but now the marines knew where he truly was from, it would be different.

The rest of the adults there were checking their abilities and getting all battled up, ready to take down the demon. The audience didn't know what their abilities were, except for Tony's gravity, but they were wondering about the others. Makino was sitting down trying to calm herself down. The males were warming up their muscles and the females were with Makino, trying to strengthen their resolve.