Chapter 12 - Darkness

"LUFFY!?"

"Is he ok?!"

"What the hell were those voices?!"

"Luffy's going to die!?"

"Chopper, he can't die. He's alive right now."

"Oh, right."

"Luffy-san has such terrible luck. YOHOHOHOHO."

"Brook! This is not the time to joke!"

"Enough, please quiet down." Silvia said over the noise. "This is an important part of little angel's past, so please do pay attention."

Ace exclaimed, "What does a light that hit him have to do with something important?"

Sabo placed a hand on Ace's shoulder. "Let her explain first Ace."

Silvia sighed and explained. "The light is his second ability. Remember in the message dream I was in with little angel? He is awakening his second ability, as he has filled the requirements to unlock it. He, at the moment, is filling overwhelming emotions, due to the loss of his loved ones."

"Poor Luffy..." Muttered Nami. Chopper only nodded along with some others.

Even though their captain was in such a hopeless situation, he was always bubbly and cheerful. It just gained him more respect to those who knew him.

The light shone brightly and Luffy looked up towards the sky. The barrier was torned down and by the light, letting Makino, who was waiting at the edge of the island, leave. She created a boat made out of her vines and travelled through the seas to reach an island. She watched the light glow with tears in her eyes. She bid farewell to the people she had loved and cared for, never looking back.

She disappeared into the sea, making others happy that at least one person escaped. Making Shanks happy knowing that she was going to meet him soon and safe.

Tears running down Luffy's face and

Kai stared at Luffy with a frown. He was able to read all the abilities on the island, yet he could only read one of the child's abilities. He could see that Luffy had two abilities, but he didn't know that he was that one.

Luffy's second ability, Angel.

"WHAT THE HECK!?!?!"

"I'm not imagining it, right?" Ace asked as he rubbed his eyes and shook Sabo. "He's-He's... an a-angel!!"

"Ace! Stop shaking me!" Demanded Sabo, as he wanted to look back at the screen to confirm that he saw it right. Luffy with white wings. Angel wings. Isn't Luffy supposed to be human? Wait, but it was an ability, so he is human? Sabo didn't know. It was confusing and if it was confusing for him, then it was mind blowing for Ace.

The strawhats were panicking. How the hell did their captain get wings? If it was always there, then how did they not notice them? They all had many questions, but Zoro was the one who was asking multiple. Sure, the others had around the same number of questions, but Robin and Zoro, along with Sanji were wondering, why Luffy never used them in the fights that nearly costed them their lives.

"Wait, if Luffy has wings, doesn't that mean that he didn't have the do his rocket move to send us into the air?" Usopp asked.

Zoro grumbled. If that were true, then he didn't have to suffer that move. Usopp, still asking questions out loud, questioned, "Is that why you call Luffy 'little angel'? Since he unlocked his second ability when he was a child? Child means little and the angel... well, it's on the screen."