Chapter 15 - Repeat

The room was big and spacious. There in the back, Luffy was on the ground, laying there unconscious. His pitch-black wings were out and wrapped around him. There was a dark aura surrounding him and he was wearing the same clothes as the clone was wearing. He looked the same, but he just had the wings and the aura around him, which made them feel that he was different.

'Luffy...' They all thought as they got closer.

Once they were close enough, they all stared at the teen. He was sweating and panting a bit. The angel was fighting his battle and was struggling. He had been having the same battle for years and no one noticed. Trapped in the loop of fighting for control.

The silence had gone long enough and Usopp questioned, "How are we going to free Kai?"

"We have to use the blood of D." Sabo reminded them.

They all turned to Ace. He was the only one out of all the group members who had the blood of D., which wasn't Luffy. Ace sighed and put his hand out in front of the swordsman. Zoro handed him one of his swords and Ace walked up to Luffy.

He used to sword to cut himself a little to let his blood drip down on the wings. After letting a few drops of blood touch the black wings, it started to shine a black glow. Luffy's wings turned back into the pure white they had been before they were turned black. Ace immediately backed away and handed Zoro his sword back. All of them stood in their fighting positions ready for the demon to arrive.

"Be on your guards." Warned Sabo. "We have seen what he could do, but we never know if he had grown stronger or got more moves. Never underestimate it. Ace grab Luffy and get him to a safe place for him to recover. Remember, our job is to delay it and make sure it doesn't cause that much destruction. Keep it in the cave."

"Right!"

The glowing continued and it shaped into the demon in the memories, though he had shrunk. It was in its form before Luffy upgraded him. It was good news for them and made the tension of the battle lighter.

"Ah~ It's nice to be back in a body." Kai said with a smile. He looked at the group raised a brow. "Now who are you? Are you here for my powers?"

The 10 were silent, but Ace answered, "No, we're not here for you. We're here for Luffy."

Kai nodded. "Ah yes, the angel. Are you his new friends?"

"And if we are?" Zoro asked.

A sickening smile was shown on the creature's face. "Then I have to get rid of you in front of the angel's eyes to see his despair once more. Then I would have to kill the kid, so I can have nothing that can defeat me."

"We won't let that happen." Announced Chopper. "We're going to defeat you and save Luffy!"

The monster sighed. It was a repeat of events. Just like, what? 12 years ago? There was always someone who was stopping him. He just wanted to kill all those he had an ability. "Let's see if you can."

Kai snapped his fingers and swords appeared out of nowhere. They were all aiming at Luffy, but Ace wasn't going to let the demon have his way. Using his devil fruit ability, he sped up and grabbed Luffy. He returned to the group with Luffy still unconscious in his arms.

"A fire ability?" Questioned Kai. "You're just like that kid. I think the others called him, Yuko? The brother of the angel, which I killed in front of him. That one?"

Ace spat. "Well, that was his blood-related brother, but now I'm his new sworn brother."

"That's me too." Sabo added. "We will protect Luffy, just like them."