Chapter 10 - Plan

Yuko tried to reach for the chest of the demon, but it wasn't easy. He was pushed away with the wall of earth coming below him. Yuko smashed right into the wall, which earned him a bloody nose. Yuko fell back touching his nose and looked at the blood.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Whined the fire user. "My first injury in this battle is a bloody nose because I ran into a rock wall?!"

"That's because you're stupid." Comments his twin slicing the wall in half. "Hurry up and go!"

Yuko replied, "Yeah, yeah."

Yuko raced full speed ahead and got his fists into fire balls, just in case he was going to have another run in with a wall. Yuki and Chris supported his back while Lea and Tony were keeping Kai distracted from the small group. Maria and Makino were defending their healer, while also helping the distractions.

Lightning lost its effect on the demon, so Chris decided to do a different approach. He created lightning, but instead of just sending it to the monster, he formed the bolt into a weapon. The lightning bolt was shaped into a lance and the wielder fought alongside the ice sword.

"So, he can do that?" Muttered Sanji. "That's going to sting and hurt."

"That's going to cause a lot of damage." Shrieked Chopper while he was running around. "Someone could die from that weapon."

"Really!?" Nami and Usopp looked horrified and hugged each other, while they were pale. They didn't want themselves getting hit with that weapon at any cost.

Zoro sighed. "Have you forgotten that he is fighting a demon and he's on Luffy's side?"

Chopper stopped in his tracks and started to head over back to his seat. "Right! Forgot about that."

Shanks whispered, "He also got as powerful as an emperor of the sea."

Whitebeard nodded. "Very powerful brats. They must have trained a lot to control that raw power."

Shanks nodded and kept his eyes on Makino. He had so many questions running in his head. Why did she keep her abilities hidden? Why did she move to Dawn Island? Why was she alone? Did she have someone with her on Dawn Island? Was she with her lover- wait, what? Lover? Why would he care if she had a lover? Was it true? Was it true that he had fallen for the sweet, innocent Makino on Dawn Island? It seemed so. He was truly in love with the woman. He wasn't going to deny it anymore.

The red haired smiled to himself as a faint shade of blush, which a few of his crewmates saw. They snickered and smiled knowing that their captain was going to accept his feelings fully.

"Yuki! Let's attack together and then stab the chest to reach Luffy!" Chris suggested getting a strike in the demon's thigh.

"Right!"

They both charge. Tony and Lea were fighting in front of the monster as the others were attacking from behind. Yuko joined them, but only dodged the attacks heading his way. He had to save Luffy. That was his mission, and he was going to make sure that he was going to fulfil it.

They all got the message and charged together. Kai was just standing there though. It was weird, but they were going to take the chance to attack. Yuki created another ice sword, Chris charged up the bolt lance, Lea was growing stronger claws, Maria was lifting ice spikes that Yuki created, Makino and Tony were keeping the demon from moving and Yuko was readying the lasers. Clare was watching with her green eyes. She couldn't fight since her ability was healing. She could only stand back and watch the battle unfold.