Chapter 16 - Demon History

Many centuries ago, where devil fruits were first introduced. People worshipped those who had the power of the devil. They were gifted with the power of the fruit. They were mightier than the average human. They could do things other people couldn't. There was one person in a village in the East Blue, who was worshipped like a god.

He was a person who ate the devil fruit that allowed to give people abilities. Abilities that he could give and take. He was the one who blessed a certain island and its people with an ability. In the island's history, he was recognized as the first chief, even though he wasn't. The name of the man was Kei.

He had messy white hair and yellow eyes. Thanks to the devil fruit he ate, his appearance changed a bit, making him look a bit godly.

When he was five, he ate the giba-giba no mi (giver giver fruit) which gave him a godly ability. He was treated like a god, while he had a twin brother. The brother was treated as his servant, a slave to his brother. His name was Kai.

Kai had black straight hair and orange eyes. Nearly the opposite of his twin. They both used to look like that, but it was only Kai now. They were both the same age, 17, yet they were treated so differently. Kei was in the spotlight, while Kai was in the shadows.

"Kai!" Shouted Kei as he was running over to his brother with their parents behind him. Kei had wonderful clothes, though they were outdated, as they were centuries in the past. "Kai! Do you want to play with me?"

Kai turned around. He had rags that were stitched up with patches of clothes. He looked at the expressions of his parents, which were looking at him in disgust. Their parents only cared for one of them, Kei. They only cared for him, since he was getting all the attention, but they were disgusted in Kai. Thinking that he was just a failure. They didn't want a failure to hang out with their perfect son.

Kai shook his head. "Sorry Kei, but I have to do the chores."

Kei pouted. "But you're always doing chores. Why won't you play with me?"

"I'm sorry, but I have to." Kai responded. "I have to hunt for dinner as well. Why don't you head back and play with someone else?"

"But!" Kei tried to protest, but their parents interrupted them.

"Kei, we have to head back. The villagers would also want to see you." Their mother said nicely with a smile plastered across her face, which made the orange-eyed boy sick.

Kei sighed and replied, "Ok."

It was Kei's normal routine to meet villager every day and give at least one ability to one of them every day. It was tiring and by this point, Kei knew the names of everyone in the village. Kei turned around and smiled at his brother. "I have to see you later Kai. I hope you can play with me later."

Kai smiled back slightly and nodded. Kei left with their parents, and they didn't leave the chance to give Kai a disgusted glance when Kei wasn't looking. Once they were gone, Kai did all his chores. Washing the dishes, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, making the beds, cooking the dishes. It was all done by the teen. It was tiring, but the boy was used to it.

Once all of that was done, Kai sighed and wiped some sweat from his forehead. He looked at the clock and saw it was probably time for him to start to hunt for their dinner. It was his favourite part of the day.

Quickly grabbing his weapons, he headed towards the forest near the village. He strolled through the forest and saw a tree. The tree had a X mark on it. On top of the tree was a girl. She had long wavy brown hair and bright blue eyes. She was the same age as him and was his only friend.