o n e

I closed the main door of my house with a thud and took out a key from my pocket and locked the door.

As I moved away from the door, I glanced at the sky. The sun was just setting and the colours of the sky blended so well with each other!

"Oh!", I thought, "What a breath-taking view!"

The wind blew strong. Leaves flew everywhere. I walked towards the road. Walking beside it, I just remembered that I hadn't introduced myself.

I'm Tasha, Tasha Parker. I'm 16 years old and live in Tennessee, USA. I live in a small farm house. And I know this is exactly where I belong. I love singing, writing poems and dancing (though my dancing is not very good)!

I spend most of my time reading, watching netflix or talking to my friends.

I stopped walking, turned to my right and opened the small brown gate in front of me. I walked towards the pretty little cottage in the middle of the garden, not bothering to close the gate.

I heard a high-pitched scream. I guess you can't expect anything else from the Roger's farm!

The main door slammed open and a girl wearing jeans and a yellow top stepped out. Her hair was put into two ponies and she wore a white hat. She noticed me watching her and came walking towards me. "Drama!", she said rolling her eyes.

"Miranda is the biggest drama queen on earth!" she cried.

Cherry. My Best Friend.

"I mean, all I did was accidently spill a drop of ink on her new white dress, and she totally freaked out! I'm glad anyway, that dress was way too ugly!" she continued.

Typical Cherry. She can't stand it when someone gets better things than she does!

"Accidently?", I asked, grinning.

"Okay.. Let's just say, I've been longing to ruin that dress ever since I laid my eyes on it!" Cherry confessed.

Miranda was Cherry's elder sister. She's 19 was is the most fashion- concious person I know!

We started walking.

"Hey, I heard Wendy's got a new car! It's a Volkswagen Beetle!" Cherry informed me.

Wendy Wellington, the richest girl in town changes her car every six months!

I didn't want to talk about Wendy anymore. It just makes me feel worse. Really didn't need to be reminded the fact that I wasn't as rich as her and that my family only owned a third- hand car (whose company I didn't recognize 'cause it must have been made in the eighteenth century!)

Cherry & I walked on until we reached my favourite place- The Tennessee lake. The water shone like a mirror, reflecting the light of the perfectly round orange setting sun. The lake was surrounded on one side by a forest and by a large bare land on the other.

"I'll be back soon. Got to pick some apples for Mom." Cherry said.

I sat down beside the lake. I looked into the water and saw the face a girl with an olive complexion, dark wavy hair and shining black eyes. I dipped my fingers in the sparkling clear water. The cold feeling on my fingertips spread a chill through me.

The breeze blew strong.

The scene was perfect! Beautiful!

Then all of a sudden, I started singing! Just like that, the words flowed out of my mouth. I didn't care about the world, or Wendy Wellington, or how poor we were. I just sang my heart out. I realized that I was singing the song I and Dad had made years ago.

I heard Cherry calling me. I stood up slowly and reluctantly. Looking up, I caught the sight of something, or I can say, someone on the other side of the lake. A boy was leaning on a rock, gazing at me with a fascinated expression on his face. His brown hair gleamed in the late sunlight, he had dark blue eyes and a sturdy figure. I noted that he was very handsome.

He stood up from the rock and headed closer to the river. I felt a drop of water fall on my cheek. I looked up, and from the corner of my eye, noticed that he did the same. The sky seemed gray and hazy. I ran to Cherry. She turned her gaze from the apples to me.

"Hey.. Don't these apples look delicious? I can't wait to...", she started.

"Let's go!", I interrupted her.

"What.. Why?!"Cherry asked, confused. "Anyway, as I was saying, I can't wait.."

"Let's go, Cherry!!" I said, strongly as I grabbed her hand and pulled her away. I turned to glance one last time at the guy by the lake. He was grinning now, as he turned back and disappeared into the forest.

-