t w o

Cherry & I walked back home, each of us eating an apple.

I bid goodbye and trotted towards my house.

Grandma was already home and so was Cody, my elder brother.

He was 20 and went to a college in Washington. He was on holiday. He loved teasing me, but was sweet anyway. He often gives me advice & cheers me up when I'm down. He too had black hair falling over his bright brown eyes. He was hilarious, handsome and charming, all in one!

"Hey Toosy! It's so good to see you! Ooohh.. You've grown! Where were you? With Cherry, I suppose? Did she tell you she bought a new lipstick?" he joked.

"Very funny!" I said listlessly.

"I thought so!" He replied.

He was sitting on our old couch, reading a book on cars and listening to rock music at the same time.

" Wendy Wellington bought a Volkswagen Beetle" I said, trying to make conversation with my brother. He closed his book and stared wide- eyed at me (really stupid).

"What?" I asked, feeling uncomfortable.

"Are you kidding me? A Volkswagen beetle? Which model? Which colour? Is it a convertable?" he asked quickly.

'Oh dear!' I thought.

"I don't know, bro.." I replied, feeling a bit silly.

My brother's face fell. "Toosy, you seriously should start paying more attention to what people say!" he said. (Dumbo!)

I looked out at the streets, it was the month of November, nearing winter, and I was missing Dad.

Dad worked in the Army and visited home about once in 4 months. I hope he would be here for Christmas, he always was!

I was really close to my Dad. Ever since my Mom passed away, 9 years ago, Dad has been working in the army. Grandma moved from Chicago so that she could look after Cody and me. But I truly had a special connection with Dad. And I also missed Mom.

Mom passed away when I was really young.. So my memories with her are a very few. But dad's been with me forever! And so has Cody!

I spend most of the year with Grandma. We get along well too. She teaches me knitting, read me storied at times and we cook our meals together.

Sometimes I wonder how it would have been if Mom was here. We probably would have all been together, like a normal happy family. Dad wouldn't have to have gone to the army.

But I ain't complaining. I've got Dad, Cody and Grandma by my side.. And amazing friends like Cherry.

I sighed, coming out of my thoughts. I stood up and walked upstairs, towards my room.
I brushed my teeth and glanced at the mirror before jumping into bed and escaping from reality.

-

When I look at you..On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara