f o u r

It was a friday evening and I was sitting at home, reading a romantic book with a nice cup of coffee, sitting on my bed.

I was really engrossed in the book. The guy in the book seemed so charming that reading his description, my thoughts drifted to Zach.

I didn't tell you about Zachary, did I?

Zachary Denver was the captain of the football team. He was also the cutest guy in school and my neighbour. Almost all the girls in school liked him. I admit he's cute, but he's just a good friend of mine.

That's when my phone rang. It was Cherry.

"Hey Tash!! What's up? Listen, I got to tell you something! Can I come over to your place.. Now?" she asked.

I considered the point for a moment. I was home alone. Grandma was at the market and Cody had gone out with his friends.

"Sure.. Come right over!" I said.

After 5 minutes, my doorbell rang.
I jumped out of bed and ran to the door.

Cherry stood there, smiling.

"Tasha, Tasha, Tasha!!" she yelled, giving me a tight hug.

"Cherry, Cherry, Cherry! What happened?", I asked.

"You are looking at the new head cheerleader!" She said dancing around.

"Oh My Gosh.. You?!" I asked wide-eyed.

"Ahan.. And don't be shocked! We had try-outs today and coach informed us that Tina had stepped down from the position and they needed a new head! So we had election.. And Cheryl Roberts won! Oh yeah!" she said, really excited.

"Oh wow.. That's great, Cherry.. I'm really happy for you!" I said, giving her a hug.

"You know, you should try cheerleading some day.. We could spend more time together and we get to go to all big games!" she said cheerfully.

"Thanks alot Cher.. But cheerleading is just not my thing.. And no offence, but aren't cheerleaders a bit.. Lame..?" I said, hoping not to hurt her feelings.

She laughed. "Hehe.. Tasha, Okay.. I'm not forcing you! But I enjoy it..!" She said still smiling.
"Anyway, just wanted to tell you this.." she continued.

Cherry and I spent the rest of the evening talking and watching movies.

"Tasha.. You remember those days in pre school? How we first met?" Cherry asked me.

I tried to finish swallowing the huge chunk of cake I had stuffed into my mouth.

"Um.. Mm.. Yeahh.." I said.

"Goodness, you eat like a pig." Cherry muttered.

"Shut up." I said, finally completing the cake. "And of course I remember pre school! Who doesn't? I remember your peanut butter and jelly sandwich too!"

"Haha, yeah! I used to love that." Cherry said. "And remember sixth grade? We used to go around ringing the doorbells of random houses and running away!"

"Seriously. What were we!" I said, smiling at the thought. "And the day Ryan came! I remember you asking me who that 'cute blond guy' was!"

"OMG, yeah. That was in eight grade. Who knew that cute blond guy was actually a weirdo who'd become our best friend?" Cherry said.

I laughed. "I miss those days, Cherry."

"Me too, Tasha."

-