s e v e n

Hey! Hope you've liked the story until now. Thank you for all the support! Keep reading! :)

-

Daniel-

I walked into the basketball court, along with the other team members, to see that the cheerleading team had already reached.

"Buck up, players! We ARE winning the States Championships this time!", the coach yelled.

"Most of us know what had happened last year, and that is NOT going to happen this year, you understand?"

I glaced at Micheal.

"What ever happened last year?" I asked curiously.

Micheal paused before replying, "You don't want to know, man.. Trust me!"

I nodded and focused on the ball.

Practise was over in an hour.
The team and I got up to leave. I turned around to talk to them about the game, when I ran into someone. Hearing a cry, I turned around to see the head cheerleader holding the side of her head with a painful look on her face.

"Oh My Goodness! I am so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going.." I said, rubbing her head.

"That's okay", she replied.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot?" I said, worried.

"Nope, I'm fine. Thank you." she said gratefully.

"Oh, I'm really sorry" I said again.
She just smiled and shook her head.

I started walking away, when I turned around again.

"May I know your name please?" I asked her.

"Cheryl Roberts" she said, smiling.

-

It was a thursday and I walked up to class.

I entered the class and seated myself beside Zach.

I turned to see who was sitting on my other side to see Cheryl.

"Hey!" She said, seeing me.

"Hi Cheryl! Good to see you! How's your head now?"

"It's absolutely fine!"She said.
I nodded and looked front.

That's when the door banged open, and there stood Tasha, wide-eyed. She searched around the class and came running to Cheryl.

"Scoot! Professor Hudgens is on his way!" She said, seating herself on the same chair as Cheryl.

I grinned. Wierd kid.

Professor entered and started teaching us something about the heart.

Tasha's pen fell down, and I bent to reach it. She looked at me, surprised, as I handed the pen over too her.

She snatched it and gave me a wierd look.

"You're welcome." I said.

-

Practise again.
I seated myself comfortably on one of the benches at the side of the court and watched the other team members practise.

I felt someone sit beside me. It was Cheryl.

"Well, being the 'head' sure is wierd, huh?" she said.

I knew what she meant. When you're just a mere player, you have to play, whether or not you want it. But as the head, you decide when to play and when not to. You have to shoulder all responsibilities.

"Yeah, totally!" I replied.

"Were you captain back in your old school too?" she enquired.

"Nope, never stood for it! That's the main reason I did here. I want to try new things!" I said smiling.

"So.. Where were you before you came here?" she asked.

"New York City! Very different from Tennessee." I said.

"NYC? You mean, shopping, and 5-star hotels, and limos, and pizza??" she said, amazed.

I laughed.

"Wow, you seem pretty fascinated! It is a nice place, but it's all buildings.. Not much of nature." I replied.

"Yeah, Tennessee's beautiful, don't you think?" she asked, looking at me.

"Absolutely!" I replied, still smiling.

Tasha-

I was sitting in the canteen and eating a sandwich when Cherry, again came running to me.

"Hey! How was the practise?"I asked.

"Tasha! It was amazing, seriously!"

"Why? Met a cute player?" I asked, looking at my half-eaten sandwich.

"I didn't just meet any player. I met the most sweetest, kindest and handsome player on the team." She said dreamily.

"Ooh, Cherry likes someone?!" I said, winking. "Who is that unlucky guy?" I asked, jokingly.

"Daniel Evans."

-