f i v e

Note- Hey guys! Hope you're liking the book so far.
In this chapter, Daniel is the first person. It's through Daniel's point of view.

-

I shut the door of my locker to find Zach standing in front of me.

"Hey dude!", I said hitting his back.
Zachary and I had become close friends ever since I joined school.

"Hey man! Heard about the good news.. Congrats dude!" he said grinning.

"The Captain thing? Oh, that's nothing much!" I said.

I had been chosen as the basketball Captain of our school. I know it's cool, but it isn't such a big deal!

"Nothing much? Are you crazy? Tons of guys dream of being the Basketball Captain. And you've been here for hardly a week and you're already Captain! That is a big deal!" he said trying to convince me.

"Yeah, sure.. Whatever!" I said smiling at him.

As we walked away from the lockers, I caught sight of that Parker girl. Tasha.. I think. Or was it Tisha?

She was helping a small kid who had just fallen down, stand up. She made him sit on a chair and gave him her bottle of water.
I found that really sweet. People now-a-days hardly cared about anyone apart from themselves! But this girl, was nice enough to see to this boy, even though she was busy!

Zach stopped and looked at me.
"What's wrong, Dan? Why did you stop walking? And why on earth are you smiling?" Zach asked, looking at me like I was out of my mind.

I snapped out of my daze and looked at Zach.
"You carry on. I'll catch you up later." I said.
"You sure?"
I nodded and looked back at Tasha and the boy. Just as I started walking towards them, the bell rang and Tasha got up to leave. The little boy gave Tasha a kiss on her cheek, and she did the same.
Still smiling, I started walking towards the gym.

There was something about this girl which made me want to know her more.

-

As I walked towards my locker after gym, I saw Zach leaning on his locker and talking to a girl. Going closer, I noticed that the girl was Tasha.
"Okay, Bye Zachy!" She said ruffling his hair.
"Bye Tash.. Come home someday!" He said.

Woah, they did seem pretty close!

-

Reaching home, I reached out for my basketball and walked towards my backyard, where I had my own basketball court. It wasn't much, but I liked it here and spent most of my time playing here.

"Danny, you home, sweetheart?" I heard Mom's voice.

"Yeah, Mom!" I called out.

"Honey, could you take Duke out for a walk, please? I have to finish writing this article for tomorrow." She said.

Mom was the editor of a famous magazine here. She usually takes Duke, my golden retriever for walks.

"Sure, Mom!" I replied.

-

136 reads! Thank you all so much for reading the book! It means SO MUCH to me, really! I know this chapter was short, and sorry for that.

If you guys liked something about the book, please Vote or Comment! :)
Thank you so much again! :) :)