t w e l v e

Tasha-

I walked into my classroom and looked around. I spotted Cherry and walked up to her.

She saw me and started waving at me to sit beside her.

As I sat down, I noticed someone sit next to me.

"Hey Darling!"

I rolled my eyes and looked at Daniel.

"Hey. And don't call me that." I said.

"Aww.. Darlin' not in a good mood today?" He smirked.

"No. Shut up."

I somehow managed to stay awake through Physics.

I heard the lunch bell ring and walked up towards the cafeteria. My eyes scanned the area until they landed on Cherry and Ryan.
I seated myself next to them.

"Hey Tasha, I'm so excited for tonight! It's been so long since we three hung out together!" Cherry said.

"I know right! I'm so excited too! You know what? Let's watch a movie! And eat ice cream!" I said happily.

"Yeah! And I'll take you guys on a ride in my new scooter!" Ryan said enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes. Ryan had a thing for scooter and he had finally saved the money to buy a new scooter.

Just as I bit into my apple, I noticed Cherry stiffen.

"Do I look okay?" She asked me, patting her hair.

"Um.. Yeah? Why?" I said, looking around.

That's when I noticed Daniel making his way towards us. He sat down besides me and laid his tray next to mine.

He smiled widely at me.

"Hey Darli-"

"Daniel! Um.. Hi! What's up? All good? Why are you here?" I asked, interrupting him.

"To eat. Why else?" He said, like it was obvious.

"Hi Cherry! Hey Ryan!" He said, glancing at them.

Cherry's eyes grew wide and she greeted him back.

The three of them started talking about some match on TV yesterday and I zoned out.

I liked how well Daniel got along with my friends.

-

That evening, I walked up to Cody's room, knocking softly on his door.

"Come in!" I heard my brother's voice.

I slowly opened the door and saw my brother sitting on his bed, talking on the phone.

"No dude! It ain't possible!" I heard him say.

"It is!" I heard from the other side.

"I read it in a magazine, for Heaven's sake!" My brother argued.

"Dude! Seriously?" The other guy said.

"Listen, I don't have the time or energy to argue with you. Got to go now.." Cody said into the phone.

He hung up and glanced at me.

"What was that all about?" I said, grinning and seating myself on his bed.

"David and I were arguing on whether we can sneeze with our eyes open. He's got this weird theory that it's possible." My brother said.

I rolled my eyes.