e l e v e n

Daniel was holding my hand and running. I followed him helplessly.

All of a sudden, we came to a stop.
I looked around me.

We were at the park. There was a little lake in front of me and the sun was just setting. The sky was a mixture of blue, orange and violet.

I looked around and saw that the park wasn't very crowded today.
The whole scene looked so breathtaking!

"Daniel.. this is so.. Wow!" I said, laughing a little.

Daniel grinned.

"Okay, now let's begin practice." He said, pulling out his phone.

He started 'Thinking out loud' by Ed Sheeran. I smiled. I loved that song!

He held out his hand and bowed his head.

"May I have this dance?" He said in a gentlemanly way.

I smiled and took his hand.

He placed his other hand on my waist and I placed mine on his shoulder.

We started dancing. Turned out, Daniel was an incredible dancer and I, I seem like a baby bird trying to fly for the first time.

When the chorus came, he pulled me towards himself and then turned me twice.

I must admit, it was fun. It was the first time I was dancing like this and I liked it!

"Okay, now keep your right foot in front." He instructed.

I nodded and put my right foot in front. And guess what? I stamped on his foot.

Oh goodness.. Clumsy me!

"Ouch. Okay, you have no idea how to dance, do you?" He said, smiling.

I apologized and bit my lip.

We continued dancing and I went to a totally different world. We were in a park, at sunset, a beautiful lake in front of us and a romantic song was playing.

Any Juliet would want her Romeo to set up such a romantic moment.

That's when I realized what was happening. I was dancing with my best friend's crush!

Omg. Omg omg omg.

I slowly stopped dancing an took a step back.

I looked around awkwardly and rubbed my palms to my jeans.

Just then a drop of water fell on my face. It was raining! I stood looking up at the sky, smiling.

Daniel started walking away, then stopped and looked at me.

"Well?" He said. "Aren't you coming?"

"No! Of course not! Who goes for finding shelter when it's raining?" I asked him awkwardly.

"Um.. human?" He said like it was obvious.

"I staying right here." I crossed my hands and said stubbornly.

He sighed and walked towards me. I was raining heavily now. I could hear the sound of the rain falling onto the earth clearly now. The sky was dark and there weren't any people in the park now. I was drenched. I smiled and closed my eyes. I held my hands out and felt the rain.

It's been so long since I stood in the rain, free. Thinking about nothing, just living in the moment!

Daniel-

There she was. Tasha.
The weird girl who I had just met a week ago.

She was standing in the rain, drenched in water. Strands of her hair stuck to her cheek. And she was smiling.