s i x

Tasha-

I walked towards my locker, deep in thought. I was wondering what to make for dinner today. Grandma was sick and Cody hardly knows anything about cooking..

That's when Cherry ran to me.

"Tasha! The cheerleading team is practising along with the basketball team today! Isn't that.. Amazing?" she said excitedly.

"Uh, how exactly is that 'amazing'?" I asked, confused.

"Tasha! Basketball players!", she said, as if it was obvious.

I rolled my eyes. Sometimes I don't get Cherry.

"I really don't get why you all go so crazy over them! To me, they are just a bunch of jerks!", I said, pulling my Math book out of my locker.

"Tasha, you're so different from the other girls! You're the only girl I know who hasn't fallen for one of those players."

I smiled secretly, holding my book tight. That was true. Maybe because none of those guys were 'the one'. I'd decided to let destiny plan my love life. I really didn't have time for that now. All I cared abut right now was Grandma, Cody, Dad and school.

Daniel-

"Practise at 3!" the coach yelled behind us.
I glanced at my feet. I was exhausted.

The team had been practising the whole morning, for the State Championships next week. And now, we had practise in the afternoon too.

It's not that I don't enjoy the game.I love basketball. It's just that, anything done too much gets boring.

I walked towards the benches, picked my bag and dug in for my phone.
8 missed calls.

I clicked to see who it was.
Rebecca. My friend back in New York.

She'd been trying to call me for the past two weeks and I hadn't called her back.

The thing about Rebecca was that she gets all over protective. She liked to think she owned me. We've been friends since we were five, until now. People always thought Rebecca and I had a thing, but honestly, she was just a close friend.

I decided to call her. Clicking on her number, I heard the 'ringing' tune.

"Hello?" I heard Rebecca's voice.

"Hey Bec!"

"Danny, What is wrong with you!? I've been trying to call you all week! Were you so busy?"

"I'm so sorry Bec.. Yeah, I have been quite busy. Basketball practice, classes, everything has been so hectic!"
"Okay, How are you? How's Tennessee? Missing us?"

"Tennessee's great! It's so different from NYC. It's really peaceful here. I'm fine too. Made quite a few friends here. But yes, I do miss you all."

"Haha, thought so!" she said.

"Daniel! Coming to the cafe?" I heard Zach call me.

"Bec, I'll call you later, okay? Got to go now. Bye!" I said into the phone.

"Okay, Danny. Bye!" She replied.

I stuffed the phone into my pocket and ran.

-