t e n

I walked into school, looking down as I walked. Cherry came running to me.

"Hey!!" She said, cheerfully.

Great. Everyone is so cheerful and I'm standing here like a bag of sour grapes.

"What's up?" I asked, opening my locker.

"Well, nothing much.I have cheerleading practice after school and after that Zachary and I have practice today evening at my place. Our country is India, so we're doing this Indian dance that I found on YouTube." She said, waving her hands while explaining.

"Ohh, Nice!" I said smiling.

"What are you guys going to do?" She asked casually.

Uh oh. Cherry would freak out if she knew that we're going to play Romeo and Juliet!

"Um.. We're doing... something." I mumbled dumbly.

"Something? What do you mean?" She asked looking at me.

"It's a surprise!" I said, trying to sound cool.
"Okay..." she looked at me weirdly.

"Got to go now! Class is going to start!" I said and walked off to class.

I walked up to my desk and that's when I found it.

There was a pretty red rose on my table with a note along with it.
I picked up the note.

"I'm so sorry for yesterday. I don't know what was wrong with me. Can we forget about that? Please? :(
- Daniel."

I smiled and took up the rose.

"Will you forgive me, Tasha?"
I looked up to see Daniel. I could see guilt in his eyes.

"Daniel.. Yes. I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have forced you." I said looking at him.

"You don't have to apologize for anything." He smiled.

"Thank you for this! It's lovely! How did you know rose is my favourite?" I said, indicating to the rose.

"Is it?" He raised his eyebrow in a cute way. "Well, all girls like roses, I guess.." he said, still smiling.

I smiled back.

-

That evening, I was sitting on my bed, covered with blankets, a tissue box in my hands.

Yup, I was watching 'A walk to remember' and as usual, crying like crazy. It just touches my heart, seeing Landon's love for Jamie.

Just as I was weeping into my tissue, I heard a noise from my window. I glanced at the clock.

Seven o'clock!

Who'd be here at this time?

I paused the movie and jumped off the bed. I walked into my balcony. A stone hit me, and I glanced down. There, stood Daniel, a bunch of pebbles in his hands, smiling up at me.

"Daniel! What on earth are you doing here??" I asked.

"What's up, Juliet?" he said, smirking. "Wait a minute, are you crying?" he said, suddenly serious.

"What? No!" I replied, turning around and wiping off my tears.

"I'm not stupid, you know." he said, looking around

"Oh! I didn't know" I said blankly.

Daniel found a ladder from somewhere and placed it against my wall.

"What are you doing?" I said, my eyes wide.

He started climbing the ladder and finally climbed into my balcony. He stood in front of me and held my cheeks.