S1-1

[CHAPTER 1]
introduction.

Have you ever dreamed of having powers? Many kids and teenagers love the idea of powers; some want to use them for good and become heroes. Well, not our main character. She thinks these powers are unnecessary.

Maehara Airin is a 16-year-old student who peacefully lives in Japan-- scratch that 'peacefully' thing. Despite her average physical appearance except for her two different colored eyes, she's not average. She's an esper. She can do everything a normal person can't.

On November 1st (All Saints' Day), she was born in Japan. Her parents didn't think of their daughter to be a psychic, as she grew up normally. Until when she was 5 days old, she just talked with her mouth open. They just didn't think about it, but it progressively got worse.

When she reached 5 years old, her dad decided to get her checked by himself in London as he's an inventor and a research scientist. He saw in his own eyes that she was not just a human. He doesn't know how she got it as he, his wife, and their parents are both normal. He didn't expect his daughter to be capable of ending humanity–

He doesn't want her to do that, of course. Airin's power would grow every day, so he inserted a small chip into her brain that would limit her powers. Of that, she lived normally in a foreign country.

When she reached fifteen, she decided to go back to Japan because of personal matters. Her dad can't go with her because of his pile of work, so it's only her and her mom. So that's what happened. They moved to her mom's hometown, Hidari Wakibara.

Today is the opening ceremony. She's officially a second-year high school student from a prestigious school name called PK Academy... what a weird name. What does that mean, anyway?

It's a private school that consists of 542 students, including her. No one knows she's a psychic; she stays hidden all the time because she wants to live a quiet student life.

Also, even though she's alone and has no friends or acquaintances, she's pretty popular, and many male and female students worship her silently. Yes, she made some girls fall with her while doing absolutely nothing. Like I said earlier, no one knows she's a psychic, but she knows someone who's a psychic.

Saiki Kusuo. He lives next to their house, and his parents know her mom. They don't have a single interaction with each other as she doesn't know much about him. Even so, she can't confirm he's a psychic, as she hasn't seen him use his power with her eyes. She's sometimes following him secretly, but can't catch him.

If she ever confirmed it, she doesn't know what to do next, she just wants to see it. I mean, she was just impressed with someone who has the same abilities as her, as she doesn't feel different anymore. What is she gonna do if she's the one who got caught? She has 28 different ways, but most of them are too... questionable.

And now, she just heard him narrating himself in the middle of the ceremony. She can say his voice is nice and unique. Suddenly, she noticed a tall guy with a butt chin and weird haircut slowly walking from behind, trying to surprise Saiki. It was starting to get boring until someone fainted beside her. It's a broccoli-haired boy with weird lips.

"What happened?!"

"He suddenly collapsed!"

'No he didn't.' she thought, and she was right. The guy was just faking it, as she noticed how he fell backward slowly, but no one seems to notice. She was about to approach the broccoli guy when the tall guy dramatically shouted while rushing to grab him.

"WHAT'S WRONG!? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!? HANG IN THERE!!" He grabbed broccoli and beat the shit out of him.

She wants to hear what this giant is thinking, but she can't use telepathy at all. 'Am I stupid? No, he's the stupid one. Why am I blaming myself?!'