S1-9

[CHAPTER 9]
her troubles and his persistence.

"Want to go to karaoke today?" One of the students asked his friends.

"Let's see if we can get everyone in the class to go!" The other suggested. They began to roam around the classroom to see how many would go with them.

"Sounds great, I'll go!"

"Hairo, want to come to karaoke? It's not a party without you!"

"Sure, why not! Since we're done with tests and everything..."

"How about you, Yumehara?"

"Sure, I'll go!"

The inviter was almost about to ask Nendou and Kaidou but skipped them. "Yoshida~ wanna go karaoke?"

"Hey, Maehara! Wanna go to karaoke?" one of the students asked Airin. She only gave him a side-eye before replying,

"No."

"Okay. How about you, Mera?"

'The conversation went that fast?' -Saiki said to himself while reading a book.

"Sorry, I have plans today..."

"Aww, that's a shame."

"What are you guys talking about?"

"O-offu! Teruhashi!"

"Would you like to come to kara-offu (karaoke) with us?!"

'What, Saiki's not going?' "Sorry, I have koto lessons today!"

The excitement died way too fast after Teruhashi rejected the invitation.

Airin decided to go to Cafe Mami after school. She disguised herself as Akito for today and made sure that she was wearing casual clothes. His male form was considered a 'regular customer' in this cafe.

While waiting for his order, he heard something break. When she looked behind, it was his classmate, Mera Chisato.

"I-I'm so sorry!"

"What are you doing, Chisato?! Go grab a towel right away!" The manager shouted.

"I'm so sorry, sir!" She said. The other customers seem to be unbothered by the commotion earlier.

After she cleaned up the mess, she returned to Saiki with two cups of coffee jelly and a cup of hot coffee.

"Sorry about that. I've always been a little clumsy..."

"I don't mind at all. In fact, good job."

"My boss wanted to give you one more as an apology, on the house."

"Are you a god?"

"The thing is... please, can you keep it a secret that I'm working this job? If the school finds out, I'll have to quit... along with my morning newspaper and milk delivery jobs, the nighttime gas station job, the Chinese restaurant, the diner, the lunch shop, paper flower making, babysitting, tutoring... they'll make me quit all of them!"