S1-20

[CHAPTER 20]
01101000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01111001 00100000 01100010 01101001 01110010 01110100 01101000 01100100 01100001 01111001

November 1st. As usual, everything is normal as it was. Airin is happy it's already the weekend and all of the assignments are already done... although something's strange in the past few days. Shun isn't talking much about his second-grade syndrome delusions lately. Aren got quiet for a while. Kokomi, Mera, Chiyo, and Ichika are not asking her to join them at lunch. Kusuo-- well, not like he has to do to any of this.

'Everyone's ignoring me.' Airin concluded. 'What's with this treatment? Did I just time-travel to the first chapter?'

From Thursday to the end of the week, she felt alone. It was not like she hated it, but it was nice not having a lot of people surrounding her... except that she found out why they avoided her since Monday.

"Airin, could you run an errand for me? I'm just looking for these..." Her mother interrupted her thoughts to show a list of things she want Airin to buy.

Airin went out without a word and proceed to buy at the convenience store nearby. When Yui felt her daughter left, she called a certain number on the telephone.

"She's gone."

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

"Good morning, ma'am!" Kokomi, Hairo, Kaidou, Aren, and Mera entered the house with smiles on their faces, carrying a bunch of food, decorations, and presents around.

"Ayi's coming home in an hour, so that should buy us some time! That should be followed the birthday surprise plan you had for her!" Yui instructed, as everyone scattered to put decorations in the living room.

'Wait, wait. What's happening?' Why don't we go back on the 30th of October? Oh hey, that's my birthday-- but that's not the topic for today. We're talking about the surprise party. As I said, it happened like this:

"It's that time of the year again..." Kaidou mumbled in his deep voice.

"Hm? Oh yeah, it's almost time! Time for the Emperor's Cup?!" -Kuboyasu

"No."

"Oh you mean the ATP World Finals?" -Hairo

"No!"

"My mom's birthday?" -Nendou

"Wrong! It's Halloween!!"

"Halloween, huh..." Kusuo muttered as he was listening from a safe distance. "Other than that, I remembered that mom said it's Airin's birthday on Saturday, according to Mrs. Maehara..."

Hairo heard him, "You're saying something, Saiki? Maehara's birthday?"

'Oh, right. I wasn't talking to myself earlier.'

"Really? Maehara's birthday is on Saturday?" Kaidou looked around the classroom. When he confirmed that Airin was not around, he gathered the known characters to talk to them.