S1-8

[CHAPTER 8]
three-in-one holiday.

January 1st. New Year's Day. Airin, along with her mother Yui, is in the front shrine. Based on their tradition, the people are expected to go to this area, mainly the reason the whole place is crowded, surrounded by civilians.

However, she doesn't have anything to wish for, but she bows two times and claps her hands, clasping them together, and closes her eyes. It's not like wishing is harmful, right? Although she has nothing to wish for, she said whatever came to her mind.

'Let us have a good, peaceful year... I guess.'

After Airin made a small wish, she went to find Yui, where she saw her talking to Kusuo's mother, Kurumi.

"Airin! Happy new year!"

"Same goes for you, Mrs. Saiki." She bowed respectfully. She wandered her eyes around to see Saiki, Kaidou, and Hairo not so far.

"Ah! There's Kuu-chan and your classmates. Wouldn't it be great to greet them, too?"

Kusuo saw her, which got Kaidou and Hairo also look at Airin.

"Oh, right. Is it alright if I can I talk to them for a minute?"

"Sure, go ahead." she excused herself and went to them.

"Maehara! Happy new year!" Hairo greeted her first.

"Uh, thanks. Same to you."

"Uhh well, happy new year." -Kaidou

"Same to you, thanks." She was about to talk to Kusuo when she heard someone nearby.

"Hey, Kusuo!! Let's go draw fortunes-- oh, hey! Happy new year!" 'W-what? God already answered my prayers?! Is she going to be my daughter-in-law??'

"Yeah.. happy new year too, sir." 'What's with the daughter-in-law thing earlier?'

"Ah, no! Don't call me 'sir'! You can just call me uncle or da--"

"Oh? Hey, pal and Maehara!" Thankfully, Nendou unintentionally interrupted Saiki's dad, so it wouldn't be that awkward.

"Hmm? Saiki, what a coincidence!" You probably already know who that is.

"O-offu! T-teruhashi!"

"Hey, Teruhashi!"

Airin slowly slipped away so she can escape and go home early. She stopped in her tracks when her mother spoke seriously while smiling.

"Airin, where are you going? Planning to escape?" It's bad when she does that and calls her Airin, not Ayi.

"What's that? You're going home, Kusuo?" Kuniharu asked his son who was walking away.

"Oh wait, that's right!" He turned around to face the rest of the cast, "If you like, You're welcome to come by our house! We have customary new year's dishes, too!"

"Yeah, come visit!" Kurumi agreed.

"OKAAY LET'S GO!"

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

"You all are growing children, so make sure to eat a lot!"

"Yes, ma'am!" Everyone starts to dig into Mrs. Saiki's dishes, with the help of Mrs. Maehara. They were complimented on how good it was while eating. Meanwhile, Saiki's sitting in the corner, not moving an inch.