S2-2

[CHAPTER 22]
the real 'ai'.

WARNING: This chapter contains the following types of content: violence, death, insanity, self-blaming, and possibly self-harm which might not be suitable for some people. Please read at your own risk.

Inspired by Chapters 3-4 of The Disastrous Life of Saiki K: Extra Stories of Psychics Volume 2. But this one is a little more gore-y, I guess?

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

Something strange is going on. I know this is going to be another normal but chaotic day, but... What is this?

First of all, my room seems different from what I used to– although the arrangement is still the same. Second, I am the one narrating this chapter right now.

Well, it's kind of refreshing, since it's been a while since I narrated myself. When was the last time? Oh right, before the author revised this fanfiction novel. Anyhow, I still don't get it. I'm describing this from my point of view. What happened to them? Did they get sick of making corny jokes that they gave up on trying?

Although things are going as they usually do, I went to school with a heavy feeling. I've stayed quiet about it and simply let things run their course, but there's something strange with this world. Perhaps we're stuck in one of those very common looping stories. Or maybe... What if?

The school looks the same as always at a first glance. I leave my shoes in the locker, put on my slippers, and go upstairs. Something's strange. This is the same floor as always, yet for some reason, I can't shake the feeling that I'm in a different world.

I entered the classroom and headed straight toward my seat. I sat down and immediately observed the room. There are still the same background characters... Takahashi– Well, why do we even care about him? There's also Kaidou– Kaidou?

"Hah, the apocalypse is finally upon us..." He said with a sinister smirk, talking to himself. "I hear the voices of the poor souls that have passed on beyond the end... The Human Selection Plan made by us, the Dark Reunion, is already in the final stage!!"

Huh?

For some reason, he's wearing atrocious makeup around his face. He had eyeshadow on both his eyes, had dark lipstick on his mouth, and his face was painted white, almost like a demon from some metal band album cover... he looks like an evil demon who smeared flour on his face.

Kaidou has been considered a weirdo in this school due to his second-grade syndrome, but I've never seen him this weird. He's mostly talking about Dark Reunion as his enemy, but now he's saying that he's part of it.

Wait, now that I think about it, evil is the kind of word that the Jet-Black Wings Kaidou Shun would like. However, this isn't a fashionable kind of evil, this guy looks twisted. Overall, he's dangerous.

"Bwahaha! Soon this world will be destroyed, and we'll build a new one!" Kaidou opens his arms wide and loudly announces. A student screams at Kaido's loud outburst.

"Nooooo! Stop it!" A male student curled up on the floor, holding his head between his legs, and trembling.

"Hah! That's good! Give me more! Fear me more! And show me your desperation. Your song of hopelessness! The screams of humans devoid of hope are the sweetest melody to my ears!"

In response to the student's reaction, evil Kaidou now starts yelling "This world will fall! Bwahaha! This world will fall!" and pacing around him like a vulture. The student screams again.