Westwine

"Now align your hands and feet and allow a pulse of magic to flow up through your body and hands. Keep it there. That's right. Now slowly - oh, yes, exactly. Slowly bring it up, and now down again. Well done! You're doing wonderfully. Are you ready? Alright. Release!" With Silvermagistrate Faric instructing Allister, I watched every one of his movements with a keen and precise eye. I was prepared for the blast of golden magic that pulsed through the training grounds. Master Faric sat beside me, but I hardly registered his presence as I watched his son and my peer train.

Allister looked in my direction and scowled at me. He sent out another burst of magic, tinged with deep blue. Then my skin gained the same shimmer, and I rocketed into the air and screamed when I started falling. A brighter blue shimmer engulfed my skin, and I stopped shortly before hitting the ground and hovered back over to the Master, who glared daggers into Allister. He shrunk and stepped back towards Silvermagistrate Faric, who scolded him intensely. It was so surreal for me to have people near me who had the power to help me and keep away others that would hurt me.

After his training, Allister sat beside me and gave an unreserved apology. I stared at him in disbelief.

"What? Not good enough?! Do you want me to get on my knees and beg your forgiveness, Dark One?" He spat.

"Variet" was usually a feminine name, but I didn't quite understand if he meant it as an insult or if he couldn't remember my name.

"Varitran." I corrected and took back my composure, "Thank you dearly for your apology, Allister. I understand your emotions. I'm sorry for coming into your place so suddenly. Friends?" I asked, extending a hand. He glared at me and sighed, then eyed my hand, confused at what it was supposed to mean.

"Very well. I suppose your proposal would mean progress. How about we train together when you get a better grasp of your power. I hear you pushed the Master. That's quite a feat." He raised his hand up beside his cheek, facing his palm at me, stretching his thumb across it and straightening his fingers up. He lowered the gesture and glanced at Master Faric, who chuckled to himself before his son accompanied us.

"Dark Star, why don't you go and speak with Roiven? He could help you while I update Allister on his form." He suggested, and I gained a massive smile on my face. Hopping off the stands and running to meet the Silvermagistrate, I took hold of my wand and grinned as widely as I could manage.

"Ah, hello there, young man! I see that you have quite a noteworthy wand. Father has told me that it is not yet ready, so I'll just need that for now." He said and paused once he saw me tense up.

"Varitran, please. I promise to give it back. I won't take it from you forever. Or if it makes you feel better, you can lay it on the ground there where you can see it." He said, and I brightened at the idea. Wandless and nervous, I was instructed by Roiven to do the basic movements I had observed Allister doing.

"Now let out anything you find primal. Whatever magic you feel is keeping inside and writhing the most." He said. I paused.

"It's Wound," I told him, speaking to him for the first time. His eyes widened.

"Oh! No matter. Here, I will place Heal on the others and myself. No worries, child. Now, release what you are holding back. It will do you immense good. You can come here whenever you are nervous or frightened and practise this manoeuvre to release your tension and keep your mind sharp." He explained, and I allowed a small blast to ripple out from my position. Roiven cheered, and I let the rest out.

It poured over the others, and my restrained scream came out as a grunt. I hated the pain of this technique, but I knew I'd need it. Once everything had been expelled, I stood there, oddly relaxed and out of breath. What a strange feeling. It was like I felt at peace for the first time ever.

"Dark Star! That was amazing!" Roiven congratulated as wounds all over his arms knitted themselves together under the golden glow of his skin.
"Roiven?! What on Gaia happened?!" Faric barged towards us, and I shrank.

"Dark Star completed a relief manoeuvre!" He said. Upon hearing this, Faric's eyes widened, and he looked at me, then at the blood dripping down his hands from the wounds already closed.

"Dark Star... I... I really must continue to update that spell." He said and hurried off. I glanced at Roiven to see a confused squint on his face.

"Father seems... impressed?" He mumbled.
"Uhm... I'm sorry. I am so sorry." I whispered and slinked off to the stands to sit in what I deemed the most concealed corner. Heavy steps approached me and met Allister's furious gaze.

"What was that?! He yelled out. I flinched when he raised a fist. I was right to do so because he pelted me with it. I didn't put up a fight but instead retreated back into that learned state. Once the bruises formed, he stopped, and I was thankful that he didn't draw blood.

"Why on Gaia would anyone take such a freak into their lives?! You're scary! You're far too powerful, and you'll kill everyone you love! Get away from here!" He yelled and ran away, leaving me in tears. Either the fight or my crying alerted Silvermagistrate Faric to my new position.

"Dark Star...?"

"LEAVE ME BE!" I yelled and sent out another type of wave. It only sent him back slightly. He must have been prepared for that.

"Dark Star, I am not here to hurt you. Here, you may need this." He said while the remaining bruises vanished. I curled out of my ball slightly.
"I don't like it here. I just wanted to look at plants and bugs. I don't want to hurt anyone..."

"My father and I will help you. You have come a long way simply with this spell. You will be fine. You'll learn to control your magic, and you won't hurt anyone ever again, alright? You'll be ok, Dark Star. I will be here to help you, and so will my father."