[ f i v e ]

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐
chapter five
THE APOLOGY
└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐chapter fiveTHE APOLOGY└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

─────❀◦❀◦❀─────

EVER SINCE HARPER KNEW PETER PARKER'S NAME, THEY HAD NEVER STOPPED TALKING, UP TILL NOW. Harper was mad at him for what he did back at the subway station, and Peter was not mad at her, yet he decided to respect her space. He was ready for whenever she wanted to talk.

"Hey, Harps," Jane called her as she walked inside of the room, surprised to see Peter and Harper working in complete silence. "I got you the security tape you asked for."

"What security tape?" Peter asked, closing the homework he was doing and approaching the girl's desk.

"It's the security tape from the subway station from last night," Harper explained as she grabbed the flash drive Jane handed her, inserting it in the USB port. "Jane hacked into the system."

"The subway stations should get a better security system," Jane whispered. "We'll be able to get video footage of Spider-Man in action before any newspaper in New York. Isn't that great?"

Harper's laptop began downloading the files and the videos when Peter accidentally knocked Harper's mug all over the girl, making her stand up quickly, gasping.

"Oh, Harper, I'm so sorry!" She heard Peter apologize as Jane helped her clean herself. "It was an accident. I didn't mean to."

"It's okay," she whispered as she took off her coffee-stained jacket. "See? Everything is just fine. We got lucky that nothing fell on the laptop." Harper sat down again on her desk chair, looking at the notification in the middle of the screen. "Files not saved correctly? Jane, when you ejected the flash drive, you ejected safely, right? Or did you just... pull it out?"

Jane stuttered, "I... don't... I don't remember. I think I did eject it safely."

Harper shook her head. "Jane, this warning happens when the flash drive was ejected correctly. We can't see anything that was in it." Harper let out a loud sigh before looking back at the screen, tiredly. "Can you get another copy?"

"I'll try," Jane whispered before stepping out of the room, taking her flash drive with her.

Peter and Harper were left alone in the room, and the silence that had reigned over the place before Jane arrived quickly took back its spot. Harper saw how Peter sat down on her desk, and she knew he was looking at her, but she wasn't feeling like talking at the moment.