[ t w e n t y f i v e ]

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐
chapter twenty five
DEAD?
└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐chapter twenty fiveDEAD?└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

─────❀◦❀◦❀─────

WHEN PETER FINALLY CAME BACK, HE WASN'T ALONE. He was accompanied by an old man she had never seen before

"Guys, this is Mr. Osborn."

"Hey, it's Doctor," Osborn corrected him.

She had never seen Osborn in person, but he had seen enough pictures of him to know that wasn't Norman Osborn, at least not the one from her universe.

He remembered seeing Harry's face last, and him dropping her. It was coming back to her, yet she didn't want to find out what was happening in reality.

"Octavius?" Osborn asked Doc.

"Osborn?"

"What... What happened to you?"

"What happened to— You're the walking corpse."

"What do you mean?"

"You died, Norman. Years ago."

"What are you talking about?" Peter asked as he stepped inside the crypt. "He's standing right there. He's not—"

"Dead," the Sandman interrupted, making Harper look at him. "They both died. Fighting Spider-man. It was all over the news. Green Goblin? Impaled by the glider he flew around on. And a couple of year later... You. Doc Ock. Drowned in the river with your machine."

"That's nonsense," Doc said. "Spider-man was trying to stop my fusion reactor. So I stopped him. I had him..." He raised his hand with rage, as if he was choking something. "By the throat... And then, I..." He seemed lost. "And then I was here."

"Oh, please, let me tell you something," Max interrupted. "I was whooping Spider-man's ass. He'll tell you. She can tell you." She pointed at Harper. "And then both of them caused an overload. I was stuck in the grid, absorbing data. I was about to turn into pure energy, and then... and then... and then... Oh shit. I was about to die."

"You died," Harper interrupted. "I resettled the system while Peter connected the power lines. If you overcharge a battery, it explodes, and that's what you are, Max." She turned to look at Peter. "So then, after Max died, Harry Osborn appeared."

"Harry?" Norman asked and she quickly stopped him.

"Not your Harry. My universe Harry. He was trying to get revenge on Peter because a blood thing and he was dying so he grabbed me and dropped me and... Peter caught me... But the web..." She stopped for a second.