[ t w e n t y t w o ]

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐
chapter twenty two
FALLING
└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐chapter twenty twoFALLING └─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

─────❀◦❀◦❀─────

"I knew you tried to change the ending.
Peter losing Wendy."
— Taylor Swift

PETER PLACED HER ON TOP OF THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE, HER SMILE GOING WIDE AS HE TOOK OFF HIS MASK, REVEALING A BREATHLESS PETER JUST STARING AT HER MADLY IN LOVE.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi."

"Did you get my message?"

She smiled. "What message?"

"That one right there. On the bridge."

"Oh, that was you?" She joked, holding on to him.

"Don't do that." He pulled her closer to him.

"I couldn't make it out."

"I'll tell you what it says then, it says I love you." Her smiled grew wider as she finally heard him say it. "'Cause I love you. I love you so much, Harper. And no offense, but you're wrong. We are not in different paths, you are my path, Harper. You're always going to be my path." She was about to tear up. "And I know there's a million reasons why we shouldn't be together, but I'm tired. I don't like complicated either, so let's make it simple. Because my choice is you. You, Harper, you. I choose to see you smile everyday, I choose waking up with you in the morning, I choose making you breakfast, I choose staying late up night watching you study, I choose your kisses, I choose you. And I'll always choose you because I'm in love with you. I've been in love with you since the first time I saw you and I don't think I'll stop. And you love me because of me. You love Peter Parker and I don't know why."

"How couldn't I?" She whispered. "How couldn't I love you?"

"I'm tired of you following me, so I'll follow you. Boston. The two of us." She chuckled, softly. "I'm following you because I'm yours, Harper, I'm completely yours. I'm going to follow you everywhere. I'm going to follow you the rest of my life. I mean, they have crime there, right?" She nodded quickly as she smiled. "They got crime in Boston. I mean, what about the Boston Strangler?"

"They caught him."

"They said that multiple people did the murders, and I'm going to get them all." She laughed. "I'm going to fight all crime in Boston at night, and during the day I'm going to be with you."