[ e i g h t e e n ]

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐
chapter eighteen
ELECTRO
└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐chapter eighteenELECTRO └─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

─────❀◦❀◦❀─────

HARPER MADE HER WAY THROUGH THE CROWD IN TIMES SQUARE, ALL WANTING TO SEE WHO WAS SPIDER-MAN FIGHTING NOW.

"I can see that," she heard Peter saying inside the Spider-man suit. "I can see that you don't know what you are doing. I can see that you don't want to hurt anybody. It's going to be alright."

It was a guy underneath a black hoodie, and Harper noticed the blue skin, and the little lightning bolts of electricity come from it.

"Oh, what are you doing?" She whispered to herself as she watched her ex boyfriend, or boyfriend or... as she watched Peter standing way to close.

"I don't want them shooting at me," the man said, pointing at the police, and Harper turned to look at no other than her dad watching what was happening behind a police car.

Oh no.

"They are not going to shoot you," Peter assured him before directing to the cops. "Hey guys! This is my buddy Max! I've told you about Max! Nobody shoots at Max!"

"Max," she whispered to himself. The guy from the elevator.

"Don't step forward, Max," Peter told him. "The electricity. Just stay still."

"I just wanted people to see me."

"If you come with me. We'll go somewhere and we can talk. Away from this people."

"If he moves we take the shot," she heard one of the police radios, and she quickly looked into her purse, taking out the red and blue earplug she kept.

She knew Peter had added his to his mask, she knew he would hear her. She kept it close just in case she ever wanted to talk to him.

She put it on, turning it on. "Peter."

She saw as he put his fingers against his ear before looking around through the audience, finally seeing her.

"If he moves," she said, "they will shoot."

Peter looked at Max again. "Okay, Max, stay still. Everything will be—"

But Max moved, and the snipe shooter took the shot, and the only thing he did was upset him.

"No!" Spider-man yelled as Max drove an entire electric current in the direction of the shooter. Peter quickly shoot a web at him, but the only thing that did was get him sent flying back, trembling as the electric shock completely affected him.