[ t w e n t y n i n e ]

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐
chapter twenty nine
GOING BACK
└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐chapter twenty nineGOING BACK└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

─────❀◦❀◦❀─────

AFTER PETER 1 CURED OSBORN, THEY WERE GOING TO BE SENT BACK. Or that's what she thought.

She made her way towards her Peter and Peter 2, seeing the stab wound on Peter 2's low torso.

"You okay?" She asked him.

"Yeah, I'll live," he said, smiling. "How are you? You had something on your rib."

She looked down to the purple wound growing on her stomach, and she shrugged. "I still have the adrenaline. It doesn't hurt." She looked up to see the purple lines on the sky. "This universe is weird, man."

"Totally is," her Peter whispered.

Peter 1 made his way back to the shield, landing in front of the three of them as a golden arch surrounded the statue of liberty.

"Hey. I think this is it. I think you're about to go home," Peter 1 said as Peter 3 slowly let go of Peter 2, who stood by himself. "Look uhm... thank you. I just wanted... uhm... I wanna tell you that... I really don't know how to say this, like..."

"Peter," Peter 3 stopped him with a smile.

"We know," Peter 2 said. "It's what we do."

The three of them hug for a few seconds, chuckling, before Peter 1 broke apart the hug and turned to look at Harper.

"Good luck in MIT," he said and she smiled.

"Same goes to you."

Him, with a sad look on his face, shook her hand, and that was the last time she ever saw him. He just swung away.

She turned to look at her Peter as the other Peter held on to his wound, giving the two a smile.

"I guess I'll see you soon... well, in a few years," she whispered softly to her Peter, who was about to cry. "Hey..."

"Harper..."

"I'll be right there with you. Every step of the way. We belong with each other, remember?"

And that's when they slowly started disappearing, being surrounded by a golden light.

She was brought back to the exact moment of her fall.

When she opened her eyes, she saw him, Spider-man, her Peter, diving into the fall trying to catch her. He shoot his web at her, and she tried to reach it, but she failed.

But she and Max had a plan, so she never touched the ground.

She instead fell on Max's arms. Healed and alive Max, who just got the opportunity of a second chance. Max, who let her down on the floor with a smile before he disappeared, just in time for Peter to land.

"Was that—?" Peter was about to ask when she took off his mask and kissed him.

He was taken by surprise, catching her as he placed his hands on her waist, and kissing her back.

Yes... she missed him.

They slowly broke apart, and she saw Peter's confused expression.

"Are you okay?"

"Better than ever," she mumbled and he smiled. "We have a plane to catch, right?"

"Yeah," he said, softly. "Yeah, let's go."

"Peter?" He frowned, looking at her. "I love you."

He smiled. "I love you too, Harper." She grabbed her hand, smiling, but was interrupted by a terrible pain in her stomach. "What is it?"

"The adrenaline is definitely gone," she mumbled, looking down to the wound. "I have a broken rib."

"How on Earth did you break your rib?"

"I'll tell you in a few years. Let's just get to the hospital."

─────❀◦❀◦❀─────

EIGHT YEARS LATER

Peter opened his eyes and he was back on his balcony, wearing the practically destroyed Spider-man suit.

But now, new memories appeared on his brain, mixing up with the old ones. His years in Boston, Taylor's high school graduation that he had assisted but it now looked different in his mind, he was feeling something different. He remembered college, he remembered the apartment he lived in Boston even though he didn't even go to Boston, but he did, he did live in Boston.

But how could've he lived in Boston without—

No, his mind was playing tricks on him. Because in all these new memories there was one familiar face joining him.

The door of the apartment in New York opened and he turned around to see her. She didn't wear her hair straight, now it was curly. She was wearing a lab coat that she hurried to take out, exhausted, while she tossed her bag away, including her shoes.

And then, her blue eyes looked at him. She looked exhausted, yet he smiled wider than he has ever smiled.

"Hey, so, I spoke with the caterer," she started talking as she made her way to the kitchen, and he walked inside of the apartment. "We need a vegan option, a vegetarian option, and a normal option. Now, you know I invited Stella, my cousin, and she is very picky so I was wondering if I should bring her with me so she can decide which vegan option is better so that we don't have her crying during the dinner." She looked up. "Oh my God, what happened to you? Did you get run over or something?"

But, by the look on his face, the dreadful day had arrived. She looked at the calendar and then look back at him, gasping softly.

"Hey," she said softly.

"Hey," he replied and then looked at the ring on her finger. "I have a mix of memories right now."

"I assume," she told him, walking in his direction. "Why don't you take a shower and—"

"Are you real?" He asked, placing his hands on her shoulders. "Are the new memories real?"

"Yes, Peter," she said, giving him a smile. "It's all real. We are real."

And he leaned over and kissed her. He had missed her for too long, or maybe from this morning. He didn't care, he just knew that this time he wasn't going to let her go again.

THE END
for now