Epilogue

One afternoon, Sora was sitting at his desk, filling out paperwork as usual. Out of nowhere, he received a report from an aircraft flying near the base. Civilian aircraft were permitted to fly here again as the base was inactive for a long enough period of time. The report stated that an unknown object, possibly a rogue shipgirl, had been spotted entering an abandoned building in the island's forest.

The sun was beginning to set as an intrigued Sora and Admiral Hipper finally reached the building. It's design was similar to the shipgirls' dorms in the main base area which strengthened the pair's curiosity. Cautiously, Hipper opened what appeared to be the front door.

Admiral Hipper peered inside the building and immediately slammed the door shut. 'Uh... Sora...'

Confused, Sora tilted his head. 'Yeah?'

'There were eyes in there. Glowing, green eyes.'

'Maybe it's just a cat.'

'I hope so.' Steeling herself, Hipper opened the door again and stepped into the room, followed by Sora. Flicking on a torch he had brought, the Commander pointed it right at the glowing eyes. Surprised, both Admiral Hipper and himself jumped back. 'Wh-who are you?'

'Me?' The voice was stuttered heavily, as if it was an audio clip being played that was repeatedly and very rapidly paused and unpaused. 'I am HMAS Brisbane of the Emu Dominion, current secretary of Commander Isato Takahashi.'

Sora and Admiral Hipper looked at each other, confused. 'Brisbane? Emu Dominion? Commander Isato Takahashi?'

Brisbane nodded, her long, blonde hair fluttering around her as her eyes started flickering red. 'Who are you? What are your names?'

'I am Sora Kaiyo, Commander of the Azur Lane 'Outpost' base and this is Admiral Hipper, name ship of her class of heavy cruisers.'

Suddenly, Brisbane's eyes snapped to red. No more flickering. 'I see. So you are his successor.' The girl's voice no longer stuttered as much. 'I apologise for my strange behaviour. I have been hiding from them for such a long time that I haven't interacted with other intelligent lifeforms for a long time.'

'Intelligent lifeforms? Who are you, really?'

'I am Research and Development Android Division's Prototype Android 1, codenamed 'Alpha'. The reason I introduced myself as Brisbane is we are sharing this body and she had control at the time. It was originally mine but I received new technology to enhance my AI. I cannot tell you more as I am running out of time. They are near.'

Alpha rolled up her left sleeve, revealing a metal skeleton of an arm, and pulled something out of her arm. 'This USB stick contains all the information I have.' The android pressed it into Sora's hand. 'Now go, find out what really happened to Commander Isato Takahashi and the Emu Dominion.'

Pocketing the stick, Sora asked, 'But where do we start, why do we need to know what happened to them?'

'You will find out soon enough, but it seems I must give you a reminder.' Alpha's eyes began to flicker back to green and her voice began to stutter more. 'Commander Akuma Kurosu and Vice Admiral,' the stuttering momentarily increased to the point where the Vice Admiral's name was inaudible, 'were both part of the team leading my development.' Alpha paused and turned away. '30 years ago.' The flickering glow cast by Alpha's eyes returned to green.

Glancing at each other, Sora and Admiral Hipper left the building for the Commander's office. They were going to have to learn how to investigate and learn to do it fast. If they succeed, the public will know the truth behind the mysterious disappearance of the First Siren War's heroes and their Commander.