Chapter 2: Secretary

A/N: This chapter's cover image is the closest thing I could fine to the Outpost's office. Also, in Azur Lane, I entered the meme industry and the Fox Mines earlier today.

Sora began rummaging around in one of the filing cabinets behind his desk, watched by a still-confused Admiral Hipper. 'Aha!' He extracted a single form from the draw of the cabinet and wrote something on it. 'Here,' he said as he passed the form and a pen to Hipper. She read the contents and her confused look became one of surprise.

'You really want me to be your secretary, Commander?'

'Mhm.'

'B-but I-'

Sora sighed. 'Don't tell me you bought what Kurosu told you. Also don't tell me that your useless, 'cuz you're not.'

'But i-it's true-'

'No it's not. Infact, all this talk about being useless is now banned!' Sora folded his arms and pouted at Hipper.

'O-ok.' She was somewhat taken back by the commander's actions.

With a smile, Sora ask Hipper, 'So what will it be? Will you accept my offer or not?' The tsundere seemed to think about it for a few minutes before signing the document and handing it back to Sora.

'It's not like I want to be your secretary, I just thought it would be rude to decline your offer.' Sora chuckled. There it is, he thought. The tsundere act.

The commander glanced at his watch. 'I haven't had breakfast yet,' he began when both his and Hipper's stomachs growled, confirming his suspicions. 'And it sounds like you haven't either. Let's get something from the cafeteria.' She opened her mouth to say something but Sora beat the tsundere to it. 'I know that we missed the cafeteria's breakfast time but we do have the head maid of the Royal Navy with us for a reason.'

Catching on quickly, Belfast replied, 'It would be my pleasure to make you something, Commander, Admiral Hipper.' She left the office and headed towards the cafeteria.

'Well Hipper, shall we go?' Hipper didn't respond but followed Sora to the cafeteria. All of the shipgirls were training or relaxing in their rooms, sparing the commander from having to explain why he had a large bandage covering the majority of his left cheek.

Somehow, Belfast had just finished cooking breakfast for Sora and Admiral Hipper when they arrived. Once their food was served, they attacked it and finished quickly. While they were eating, Sora noticed Hipper had momentarily dropped her tsundere act and appeared to be really enjoying her food.

'Hipper, I feel it wouldn't be very nice of me to force you to work straight after being transferred to my fleet. So until lunch, I'd like to show you around. After lunch, you can do whatever you like, within reason.' Admiral Hipper didn't really know how to respond to this. Sora started walking out of the cafeteria and Hipper, who decided she had nothing better to do, followed him.

The tour went well. No questions were asked, Hipper just nodded her head when Sora showed her something. 'Alright, that's almost everything. There's just one more place I'd like to show you before lunch.' The tsundere looked questioningly at Sora, who turned and walked towards a small cluster of trees on the edge of a cliff. Hipper followed him along a path which lead to a sort of clearing in the trees. A sort of clearing because on one side, instead of trees, was the cliff. Admiral Hipper found Sora sitting on a bench that was roughly in the middle of the small clearing.

'What did you want to show me?' Sora didn't respond, he simply patted the spot on the bench next to him, motioning for her to sit beside him. Hipper gasped. When sitting on the bench, one had a beautiful view of the base, island and the ocean.

'Nice view, isn't it?' The commander turned towards the tsundere. 'I usually chill here when I need a break. This spot really relaxes me. How about you, Hipper?' She didn't say anything, just soaked in the view and the cool breeze.

The sun was shining on the side of Hipper's face that Sora could see. Her hair was waving in the breeze. Now it was the commander's turn to gasp. He had to get a hold on himself, no matter how pretty Hipper looked just then, he couldn't let that distract him. Sora had to keep an eye on the time; lunch would be served soon. Admiral Hipper heard her commander gasp and turned to face him. 'Anything wrong, Commander?'

'No, it's nothing.'

At the end of the day, Admiral Hipper reported to Sora's office and found Bismarck there, chatting with him. 'Ah, perfect timing Hipper, I was about to ask Bismarck to bring you here. Anyway, now that you're here, I need to inform you on the schedule.'

'Okay.'

'Wake up is 7am, bed is whenever you're tired. Just make sure you get enough rest. Now Bismarck, please can you show Hipper to her room.'

'Yes, Commander.'

Hipper followed Bismarck to a navy blue building near the office and down a few hallways. 'There are three main sections in the dorms; the largest of the three is the bedroom section, then the common room and finally, the commander's room. Your room is at the very end of the hallway next to mine,' Bismarck explained.

The next morning, Admiral Hipper arrived at the commander's office at almost exactly 7am. Overnight, someone had added a desk in the office, on the opposite wall to the couch. 'Looks like someone's moved a desk in here for you, Hipper. Here,' said Sora while passing her a small stack of paperwork.

The Outpost was smaller overall than other Azur Lane bases. This meant less shipgirls, which meant less missions, which meant less paperwork. By applying this logic, the commander and Admiral Hipper finished the day's paperwork shortly after a lunch break.