Chapter 6: The Final Battle Begins

The Outpost

Commander's Office

Two days since the events of the previous chapter

Hipper was late to the office that morning so Sora began the paperwork by himself. He had just barely started when the phone started ringing and he picked it up.

'All bases, this is the Admiral. The main base is under attack, requesting support immediately. I repeat, the main base is under attack, send reinforcements. Most, if not all, of the Sirens are here; this may be the final battle.'

Sora couldn't believe it. The main base was being attacked by every single Siren. He sounded the alarm and spoke into the coms mic. 'This is Commander Kaiyo. The main base is under attack. All shipgirls, report to Pier 2 immediately. Base staff, prepare to receive the wounded. That is all.'

Just before he dashed out of the office, Sora grabbed his commander's hat and was putting it on as he ran out the door. On the way to the second pier, he met up with Hipper.

'Commander, all of the shipgirls are already at the pier. I'm the last one.'

'Alright. I'm so glad you girls can respond so quickly.'

They arrived at the pier. Pier 2 was where Sora's personal ship was located. He jumped on and began prepping for departure as he spoke into a megaphone. 'Alright girls, set sail for the main base, full speed ahead!' He heard shouts from outside his ship.

'But Commander, if we charge there at top speed, our turbines will fail.'

'Just do it! No turbines are gonna fail on my watch and if they do, they're gonna get wrekt. Now, let's go!'

Once they were almost there, turbines began failing, starting with the destroyers. Dang it, we're almost there! Those turbines can't fail before we start the fight! thought Sora. Suddenly, a bright blue light appeared around the ships with the failed turbines. The ghostly torso and head of a girl with brown hair and cat ears appeared, filling the whole sky ahead of them. She was reaching out to them with her arms as a voice, presumably hers, could be heard in everyone's head. 'Come on now, I'll guide you to the battle field.' The girl disappeared and the turbines on all the ships and the engine on Sora's ship began to work flawlessly, almost like they were at 110% efficiency. Sora began explaining the attack plan.

'Alright, here's the plan; there is no plan! Just charge in and kick some Siren butt! Hipper, Zeppelin, cover me while I retrieve the wounded.'

'Yes sir!'

When they arrived at the base, they were met with a scene of not-quite-but-almost destruction. The Sirens had managed to score a few hits on the base but, for the most part, were being held back. Parts of the ocean appeared to be in flames where oil had been spilt and caught alight. Ships were lying unconscious in the water in various states of disrepair.

Sora's fleet immediately began to engage the enemy, while he retrieved as many injured ships as he could before taking them back to the Outpost. The arrival of Sora's fleet seemed to give hope to the remaining allied forces.

Hipper was zooming around the mass-produced Sirens. She ripped the hulls of the smaller ones to shreds with her main guns while getting close enough to ensure every single one of her torpedoes hit the larger ones.

Despite all the effort the allied forces were putting in as well as the epic battle scenes, it wasn't enough. Ships were falling faster than others could be sent back out. The Sirens were closing in on the base and all of the shipgirls were growing tired. Small groups were sent back to the main base for temporary repairs if necessary and for emergency refuelling and resupplying.

Akuma Kurosu and Akagi, momentarily deciding that they were some kind of immortal saints, sailed straight into enemy fire. They were brought back to reality when Hipper blocked one of the Siren's salvos. Kurosu just stood there watching Hipper as Siren's exploded behind her, making her look very epic.

'H-hipper, come back. Please, come back to me!'

'As if I would, Kurosu.'

'Th-then, why did you save us?'

'If the Sirens were to kill you, I wouldn't be able to get my revenge.'

Kurosu stared straight into Hipper's eyes and was met with a murderous gaze. 'L-let's get out of here,' he whimpered to Akagi and they fled.

Nice one, Hipper, Sora thought.

The allied forces were clearly losing. Sora was just about to return to the Outpost with more ships in need of emergency repairs when he heard a voice in his head. 'Get the cube.' It was the turbine girl's voice. 'It's your only chance.' Sora arrived at the Outpost. He pointed at the nearest person. 'Can you drive a boat?'

'Commander, I don't think that's the right termi-'

'I don't have time for this! Can you drive a boat?'

'Yes I can.'

'Good. Take over for me. Recover the injured shipgirls and when we get back to the base, drop me of at Pier 7.'

'Yes sir.'

The voice was back. 'Get the cube and smash it at your feet. The power it contains will be released and you should be able to take control of it.' Sora couldn't believe he was trusting turbine girl, whom he'd never met before but his instincts told him to.

Back at the base, Sora jumped off the ship before it had even stopped. He ran straight for the Admiral's office.

'I need the cube, Admiral!'

'What?'

'I need it; the Black Wisdom Cube!'

A/N: That's all for tonight; it's getting late again. I hope you have fun with this cliff-hanger of sorts. I really enjoyed writing this chapter and imagining all the epicness. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's chapter; that's where things get very epic. Also, due to procrastination and sever maintenance, Hiryuu got a nice break from being killed every few minutes.