Chapter 5: Relaxation

Ever since Sora and his fleet had been transferred to the Outpost, life had been really chill. Life had been less chill when Admiral Hipper joined but was still relatively chill. Now that Hipper had fully settled in, life was chill again.

Now that both phases of the plan were complete, Sora didn't constantly have it at the back of his mind. He did, however, still have daily paperwork to complete but with the former tsundere's assistance, it was usually completed before lunch.

Today wasn't like other days. The commander first knew this the previous afternoon with when he received a message from the Admiral. It basically told him that the next day, he would get a break from the paperwork.

Sora had breakfast early that morning and headed to the bench in the clearing to enjoy the cool morning air. Winter was approaching. Anyway, while sitting on the bench, the commander relaxed his mind and thought about random things but each train of thought somehow lead him to Hipper. Every single one. After his mind had wondered back to the former tsundere for the umpteenth time, Sora realised she was walking into the clearing.

'I thought I'd find you hear, Commander.'

'Heh. Well you thought right.' Admiral Hipper joined him on the bench.

'Nice view isn't it?'

'I usually chill here when I need a break.'

'This spot relaxes me.' They looked at each other and laughed.

'Anyway, all jokes aside Hipper, it really is nice here.'

'Yeah, and this spot really does relax me. It's nice to just sit on the bench and soak in the view.' The two of them sat in silence for a while before Sora decided to say something very tactful.

'Y'know, before you got here, I was thinking about you.' Hipper blushed slightly. 'I really couldn't get you off my mind.' Hipper was full-on blushing and here is where most of the tact comes in. 'I couldn't stop thinking about how far you've come since you got here.'

'Commander!'

'What?' he managed to look genuinely confused. Then he realised what he said (Sora's not that dense). 'Oh, sorry about that. For misleading you with that.' Sora blushed slightly and turned away from Hipper but not before she saw it.

'Wow, the Commander's blushing, I never thought the day would come where the Commander blushed.'

'Stop! You're making it worse!'

The next day, Sora and Hipper were back to paperwork when the former tsundere had an idea. 'Hey Commander, do you want to have a picnic in the clearing later? When we're done with the paperwork?'

'Sure, Hipper.'

There was less paperwork that day so they finished well before lunch. When the two of them had finished, Hipper headed to the cafeteria where she ran into Belfast. Well, almost ran into Belfast because she had enough time to stop before a potential collision.

'What are you doing here, Admiral Hipper?'

'I'm gonna have a picnic with the Commander soon so I'm gonna make the food.'

'Alright, do you want me to assist you?'

'No thanks, Belfast but I will call for you if I do need any help.'

'Alright, I'll leave it to you then.'

Unlike most stories, in this one, the main girl (whispering) can actually cook pretty well. Thanks to Hipper being said main girl, she managed to cook lunch for herself and Sora without any drama. But, to be honest, she didn't make a lot since it was just the two of them.

Admiral Hipper met up with Sora in the clearing. Sora was carrying a picnic blanket and what appeared to be a container of some kind of science experiment. 'Ah, I see that you've brought food. Now I can dispose of my horrible cooking.'

The commander swiftly threw what Hipper had originally mistaken for some kind of weird science experiment into the nearby trees. As Sora spread out the blanket, Hipper wondered if he was actually prepared to eat that green and black pile of charcoal and other strange substances that may be unknown to man- and ship-kind.

They sat on the blanket and Hipper brought out the food she made. 'Did you make this, Hipper?' She nodded and blushed a little as he picked up a sandwich. 'It's really good! I didn't know sandwiches could taste this good.'

'That's probably because you can't cook, Commander.'

'Yeah, I've never really bothered to learn how to cook. Between my high school graduation and the start of my naval training, I use to live of cup noodles and other convenience store food.' Hipper laughed and she began to eat as well.

When they finished, the two of them chatted on the blanket about random things, mainly Sora's past. Especially the amusing parts. Somehow, Sora and Hipper were talking there on the blanket that was on the cliff that overlooked the most of the base and part of the ocean for the rest of the day.

A/N: Day four in the mines. The rabbit has been destroyed 69 times. Akagi received on the 63rd kill. Me when I saw Akagi in the battle loot:

My brain was pretty dead while writing this chapter so I was stuck on ideas

My brain was pretty dead while writing this chapter so I was stuck on ideas. Considering this, I think it came out well enough. *looks at alarm clock* It's getting a bit late (12:47am) so I should probably finish leave it at this for tonight. Anyway, that should be the last of the chill stuff out of the way for now, so prepare for action tomorrow night!