// 01 //

♡ ANAISHA ♡

I groaned when I heard the annoying sound of my alarm . I slid my hand under my pillow to get my phone . I brought it in front of my face , tapping on the almost broken screen ,I shut the alarm .

04 : 30 a.m.

I stretched my arms while lifting my body up from the bed . As soon as I kept my leg on the cold floor , I stood up straight .

I took baby steps towards my quite broken window , I opened it letting the sunlight fall in my room . The breeze of fresh air caressed my face . I smiled as a few strands of my hair tickled my face .

Fixing them behind my ears , I dragged my feet to my small bathroom .

I brushed my teeth . I stripped down my clothes . My eyes fell on the mirror beside me ,where the upper half of my body was visible . It had purple and black bruises , given by my dad .

I stood under the shower, I shiver when the cold water hit my body . My bruises burnt and became itchy , I hissed in pain . Without my grant , a few lone drops of tear rolled down on my cheeks . I sobbed , remembering yesterday night . How badly did he beat me !? Still now my back is in pain .

Wrapping a towel around my small fragile body , I came out of the bathroom . I opened my wardrobe ,it had only a few pairs of clothes , some were torn and very few were perfect.

It was my working day , so I decided to wear an ok-ok outfit .

I worked in a café

Ijogged downstairs

Ijogged downstairs . I noticed my dad again passed out on the couch of the living room . There were beer bottles on the table. I sighed before going to the kitchen . I have to prepare breakfast and my baby brother's tiffin . I opened the fridge door . There was a shortage of many things .

"I need to buy groceries and vegetables ," I murmured

I prepared breakfast and my lil bro , Aaryan's tiffin .

I went to the room in front of mine . I slightly opened the , I peeped inside ,saw my mom and Aaryan were sleeping, hugging each other .

I went over to Aaryan's side . I slowly shook him , I don't want my mom to get up now . She takes high power medicines so she is going to sleep more . Aaryan lazily raised his both hands .

Uff , this boy !

I picked him up in my arms ,he instantly wrapped his arms around my neck and legs around my waist . He settled his head in the crook of my neck .

I carried him to the bathroom ,"Aaryan , clean your face," . He didn't ,"Oh , you don't want to go school ,I guess . I thought you were excited," I said, pretending I was taking him back to his room .

He jumped from my arms ,"I will gwo (go) to school," he spoke in his little baby cute voice , he made a mistake in pronouncing 'go' as usual. I chuckle , I lifted him then helped him brush his teeth .

I gave him a bath before getting him ready for school . Children of his age usually cry while going to school but he loves to go to school . He studies in kindergarten, by the way .

He sat on the table . I realised my dad already left , today he hasn't eaten anything . I didn't think much about him and gave my full attention to Aaryan .

I went to my room . I searched for some money. I got my hidden savings which was under the mattress. I saved it to buy a new outfit for my upcoming birthday . But it seems like I will have to drop this plan .

It's really not that easy to manage a whole house by the amount of salary I get . It's not like I work in a small café because I am not educated .No , I was a topper during my school and college days but no one gave me jobs , seeing my appearance.

I locked the door , held Aaryan's hand before walking along the alleyway . Soon my aunt's house came into view , Aaryan ran towards their door , jumped to press the bell . He was too small to reach there .

I uplift him so that he can press the bell which he did . The door opened revealing my uncle , he smiled ,"Hello Anaisha , hello lil boy ,come inside ," . "No no uncle ,I've to drop him off at his school," I refused . Aaryan waved at him .

He went inside , and after a few minutes my aunt came outside . She hugged me and Aaryan . I took my Scotty's key and handed her my house's key . Actually , she takes care of my mom until I return back from my work .

I brought my scooty from their backyard . I keep my scooty here cause I don't want my dad to know about it . When my scooty started , I grabbed Aaryan , made him sit in front of me .

All the way to school , he was only talking about his school , friends and teachers .

Dropping him at his school ,I directly rode to the cafe ,I work . I keep the keys of the café so I open it, everyday .

I looked at the watch

7:10 a.m.

Oh ,I have lots of time before opening the café .

I cleaned and decorated the tables , customers can come anytime soon .

Mr. & Mrs. Choudhary are the owners of this cafe , but only Mr. Choudhary comes here often , he believes in us a lot .

Ahh..! Don't worry , soon you will know about 'us' !

"Woohoo ! Good morning babes !" a loud feminine voice echoed in the full cafe .

Hmm..See , just take Satans' name and they appear .

I turned to see two Satans of our café . Suraj and Tina . I shook my head at Tina's childish behaviour . The first thing she does after entering the cafe is shouting good morning . She is quite badass while Suraj is flirty , but when he blushed , god ! Don't even ask ! I swear you won't be able to control your laugh .

"Good morning ,Tina !" I wished her . "Good morning, Anaisha" wished Suraj with a wink . "Good morning , Suraj"

We divided the works . Suraj will cook , Tina will manage at the counter and I will take care of customers.

___

It was the time when Aaryan's school ended .

After taking the order from an old lady , I went to the kitchen . I hung the order into the clip . Suraj looked at it and again started cooking . "Shuraj , Could you please do me a favour ?" I asked him , hoping he would say yes . "I know , I will bring him from school, don't worry," he responded . "And please , don't please me ! It is nothing infront of What all you have done for me!" he replied . "Actually , one more work is there . While returning , buy some groceries . The list and money are in this bag," I explained to him , giving the bag .

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1131
Published : 29 Sep 2021

It was my first try so no hate comments please ! I was really excited about this . So , I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow me

Writer,
Pratibha