// 30 //

✯ SHUBHAM ✯

I finished my work and left the company . Dad wanted to meet me for some reason so I decided to pay a visit to them .

"How are you mom ?" I asked hugging mom . "I am alright Shubham !" she replied with a warm smile . I blinked ,"dad , Why you called me ?" he looked up at me ,"I have a deal for you ." "With whom ?" I asked him . "Mr. Black !" he answered .

"Mr. Black of Black Industry ,right ?" I questioned with shock . "yeah ! And don't worry about flight and all other things . I have done all the arrangements ." he explained . I got up in jerk ,"What ? Why ? Did I asked you ?" I spoke angrily . "Voice down boy !" he calmly said .

"Umm..! Shubham ,why don't you get fresh , I will serve the dinner !" mom suggested . I flounced away . I was coming out from bathroom when my eyes fell on the guitar . My legs started moving towards it . I touched it ,"How can I forget you ?" I picked it up then those memory flashed in my mind .

[Flashback]

I sat on my bed and settled my guitar on my lap . I played with its string . My mom entered inside ,"Are you going to play that ?" she asked . "Yes !" I nodded my head . She entered and sat infront of me ,"Play something !" she told .

I smiled . I played and sang a beautiful song .

Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
Yun To Main,Dikhlata Nahin
Teri Parwaah Karta Hoon Main Maa
Tujhe Sab Hain Pata, Hain Na Maa

Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,,Meri Maa

Bheed Mein Yun Na Chodo Mujhe
Ghar Laut Ke Bhi Aa Naa Paoon Maa
Bhej Na Itna Door Mujkko Tu
Yaad Bhi Tujhko Aa Naa Paoon Maa
Kya Itna Bura Hoon Main Maa
Kya Itna Bura Meri Maa

Jab Bhi Kabhi Papa Mujhe
Jo Zor Se Jhoola Jhulate Hain Maa
Meri Nazar Dhoondhe Tujhe
Sochu Yahi Tu Aa Ke Thaamegi Maa

Unse Main Yeh Kehta Nahin
Par Main Seham Jaata Hoon Maa
Chehre Pe Aana Deta Nahin
Dil Hi Dil Mein Ghabraata Hoon Maa
Tujhe Sab Hai Pata Hai Naa Maa
Tujhe Sab Hai Pata Meri Maa

Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
Yun To Main,Dikhlata Nahin
Teri Parwaah Karta Hoon Main Maa
Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,-

It was near the end when my door burst opened . There was tear in mom's eyes . I saw dad , his eyes were whole red . He dashed to me and snatched the guitar away from me . "What I told you to do and what you are doing ?" he spoke furiously .

"Hey ! Hey ! H-He was just going to study !" mom interrupted . Dad slapped her ,"you shut your mouth ! I didn't ask you !" he opened his belt . My eyes Welled up as he started walking to me . I crawled backward but he was fast enough to hold my leg . "ahh..!" I shrieked when he pulled me and the belt touched my skin .

He didn't stop even when mom was requesting him ,"Will you study now ?" He asked . I nodded while sobbing . He again hit me,"use your words !" "ahh..! Ye-esh!" I replied trembling .

"If I again got any complain about you ! I will not hit you ,I will hit your mom , naked that too infront of you !" I felt disgusting by his words . But I was habituate to it .

It is so disgusting to see your dad hitting your naked mom ! I know ,no child ever experience this except me . So awful !

As dad left , I went to mom and hugged her ,"I am sorry son . I am not a good mom !" mom spoke crying . "No mom ! You are the best mom !" I sobbed .

[Flashback end]

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder ,I turned to see mom . I hugged her ,"Mom !" She rubbed my back ,"To whom are you hiding your tear son ?" I hid my face in her neck .

"Mom , why are you living with dad ? Why aren't you coming with me ?" I questioned her wiping my tears . "You know son , how much I love him ?! Then how can you ask that ?" she asked avoiding eye contact . "Mom , please don't lie . What is that ? What is making you live with dad ?" I asked her with disbelief .

"You know son !" she answered . "No ,I don't know ! Explain me !" I exclaimed . "He is back mailing me ! " she sighed . "How ?" I questioned in confusion .

"Actually , our marriage was a contract marriage ?" she exclaimed . "What ? How ?" I asked with surprise . "Hmm..! Our marriage was a contract marriage . And the contract says that I can't leave him unless he want . I thought that he loved me but everything was a lie. Just a lie , his family lied that - that he love me . He and I were studying in a same college which made us believe that they are speaking the truth . But after marriage ,he revealed all the truth !" a tear escaped her eyes .

She sniffled ,"He told me that he love someone else . He married me just for the contract . The worst mistake of my life was what ?! I realised that day ! I regretted believing him . I regretted signing the contract without checking it cause I was blindly believing him but he , he cheated me , he betrayed me . That useless contract . Because of that ,I can't even divorce him unless he sign the divorce papers ." she said, gritting her teeth .

"Why you never said me before ?" I quizzed her . She wiped her tears ,"Why ? Why should I tell you ? What you would have done ,huh ?" she sobbed .

"leave it ! I have prepared biriyani for you ! Come down ASAP !" she spoke playfully and went away .

I never realised my mom life was worst than mine . She is going through so much .

Now see Mr. Rajveer Malhotra ! How I will destroy you ? I promise mom ! I promise to give you a better life .

Mr. Rajveer Malhotra , Your backward countdown begins now !

Controlling my anger. I had my dinner with mom and dad then left .

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1006
Published : 13 Nov 2021

It was an emotional chapter ! By the way , this was the start ! Many secrets are yet to reveal !

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow me

Writer,
Pratibha